Dozens of Pit Bulls Returned To Alleged Dog Fighters In OK

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby pitbullski » February 19th, 2006, 12:32 am

I hate to say it, but PETA (<== I like the editoral comment of this icon!!!) has come up with an issue that I agree with.
This story has some chilly consequences for our breed. These are the people who help legislators to make up their minds to ban our breed. Here's the story, straight from PETA be forwarned, this straight from their website:

ARTICLE

Oh, by the way, the Luther Johnson is a famous football star & comes from a very influential family in Tulsa. As sad as it seems, I'm not really surprised at this outcome.

:x :cry: :x :cry: :x
pitbullski
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » February 19th, 2006, 9:52 am

With PETA's penchant to overdramatize and alleged charges against the person involved, and then there's the lack of evidence......sorry, There's really no point to this article.....
Purple
I live here

Postby Jenn » February 19th, 2006, 12:22 pm

I'm totally confused by this thread? :|
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullski » February 20th, 2006, 5:45 am

I guess I should have done a cut & paste on this story instead of using the link to the website to communicate this information.

To give a little background on this story, I was in Tulsa when the initial raid occured in 2004. I was involved with the Pit Bull rescue there. We had known about them for years & tried to do something about it without success. The story of the raid was in the news & on TV. They had plenty of evidence for the case. The bloody ring (pit), fighting videos, torn up dogs & dog fighting equipment was shown or specifically mentioned in the media.

We figured that they finally got Luther Johnson, but he is a famous man in Tulsa. Not only for his fame as a national league football player but also for being an influential person in Tulsa. In other words, he has money, influence & power to do what he wants. I was told that the charges would eventually be dropped because of who he is, but I didn't believe it. I thought we finally had him.

Let me tell a little about Luther Johnson. There's a road that leads to his house locally known as "dead dog highway" by everyone. We would go down there & pick up what few live dogs that we found. They were thrown away because they weren't usefull anymore. They had been shot, stabbed, strangled or left with their mangled bodies to die on the side of the road. The dead ones had died a horrible death of either starvation and/or of their wounds. It's a horrible sight to see when you to try to rescue the survivors. We tried to save as many as we could. Unfortunately, some of the dogs we tried to save didn't make it. The survivors were placed in loving homes. The police & the sheriff knew about this & did nothing to stop it.

Two years later I receive an email from one of my other Pit Bull sites with the outcome of the raid in it & a link to P***'s site. That's when I found out for sure what had really happened. Not only had the charges been dropped but they got their dogs back! When was the last time you heard of that happening? Usually when they take the dogs you don't ever see them again.

So as part of their web site, they are just now going to do something about this after it happened 2 years ago? Don't they read the newspapers & watch TV? They need to spend more time doing important things than chaining themselves to lamp posts, naked!

P*** also talking about investigating Tulsa Animal Shelter (TAS) for claiming that they are a no kill shelter when they have never been one in the first place. That's why we rescued dogs from there too. Four years ago one of my dogs was rescued there. She was on the "death table". She was literally next to be euthanized!

The gist of this thread was to show the miscarriage of justice. I hope that giving you the information behind the story, that you understand what I was really trying to say.

P.S. A friend of mine who lives in Tulsa said that this was on the news & the case had been "resolved". Whatever that means. Sounds like a pay off somewhere to me.

:|
pitbullski
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » February 20th, 2006, 8:11 am

Money talks. :|
Romanwild
I live here

Postby panda » February 20th, 2006, 3:10 pm

:evil: :|
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda