70 yo man mauled by 3 pitbulls

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby aophoto » August 29th, 2008, 3:30 pm

just saw this on the democrat & chronicle website (Rochester, NY). there's mention of the owner being charged and the dogs having to go through a screening...

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/art ... 7/-1/CHILI

formerly of rochester i still keep up with the news there, and i am glad to see that the man is going to recover and that there seems to be a definite charge against the owner. also glad it wasn't someone i know!
"The American people have spoken, and they have spoken clearly." - John McCain

Yes, we did America.
aophoto
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » August 29th, 2008, 4:00 pm

Yea the comment section of this story is off the chain, as I thought it would be. I'm glad to see quite a few pet lovers stepping in though.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby aophoto » August 29th, 2008, 4:13 pm

yeah, i agree. i read through 4 or 5 pages of comments, and they're all over the place, but it is nice to see a few apbt owners/fans standing up for the breed. i guess we'll see how the city rules as far as their future.

it mentions that if they're not deemed dangerous that they'll be returned to the owner. good idea?

Yes, we did America.
aophoto
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » August 29th, 2008, 4:15 pm

Well not knowing exactly what happened, I can't really say. IF they are returned to the owner, there should be some stipulations put in place prior. I really wanna say no though.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby WBorrelli » August 29th, 2008, 5:19 pm

It is over on Rochester Channel 13 News as well.
[url]http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=05439843-01b0-4569-b2bb-5b006d1450f4
[/url] and some of the comments there are a little ignorant as well. :| what yah gonna do?

I posted my comment, asking how many Pit Bull attacks there have been in Rochester this year, and how many attacks with a gun of some sort. It is all about the owner, both gun and dog.
WBorrelli
Just Whelped

Postby gmorales » August 30th, 2008, 7:19 pm

This is awful, no matter who is attacked. However another negative impact for the "our babies." I still ultimately blame the owner(s). One must always be responsible and vigilant. 3 pitbulls? Forgive me, sounds like they were acting as a pack. Who left the door open?
Cyclops Mama

Pookie - 7 yr.old F-cat runs the home with an iron paw
Cyclops - Pitbull: My little boy
Hercules:1 1/2 yr. old rott; Daddys boy
Spider:1 1/2 yr old feline thinks he is a dog
"What lies behind us & what lies before us are tiny
matters compared to what lies within us."
gmorales
Just Whelped

Postby aophoto » August 31st, 2008, 1:00 am

seems as though he's showing some sort of remorse and guilt...

http://democratandchronicle.com/article ... GECAROUSEL

Yes, we did America.
aophoto
Just Whelped

Postby maberi » October 10th, 2008, 12:26 pm

Someone posted this on another forum I am on so I thought I would post it here. I can't imagine a rescue taking in a dog like this but thought I would post it anyway

-----------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

Just popped in to ask/plead for help...a few weeks ago there was a mauling incident where 3 pits attacked a 70 year old man in the city of Rochester...anyway the behaviorist we worked with is in charge of evaluating these dogs and recommending what to do with them.

She called me because at the time when we worked with her, I was involved with the "other" place and she needs to recommend a rescue to take one of the dogs in.

I guess 2 of them are not adoptable, but there is one dog she thinks is totally adoptable but needs some work. She will not recommend that he goes back to the former owners, she wants a rescue to take him.

I told her I didn't trust the "other place" but that i would post here and see if anyone could help, or take him into rescue, or knew anyone who could. She was told he'd be put down otherwise and she sees that as totally unnecessary.

Anyway, the dog is a male, unneutered, white, 5 months...also he is very dominant she said. He has dem. mange. She thinks he is a mix, but doesn't know for sure.

If anyone can help-please let me know ASAP!!! Thanks guys!
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby mnp13 » October 10th, 2008, 1:55 pm

Oh dear lord.

What are they going to do? Hide that the dog ws involved? If you have actual contact info, please PM it to me.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » October 10th, 2008, 2:14 pm

I'll find out
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL