Dog gets his day in court: $25G for pit bull killed by cops

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Mahlon » April 28th, 2006, 1:07 pm

NY Post
April 28, 2006
Page 11

Dog gets his day: 25G for pet killer by cops

The city has agreed to pay $25,000 to a Brooklyn family whose pet pit bull was gunned down by cops on a housing-project roof in October 2003 - the same spot where a 19-year-old man was shot to death by police just three months later.

The payment, settling a civil suit, goes to the family of Angel Yulfo Jr., 16, who says his leashed and muzzled dog, Brandon, was inexplicably shot when they stepped out on the roof of the Louis Armstrong Houses building in Bedford-Stuyvesant.

Yulfo claimed he heard a series of loud pops, yelps of agony and the words, "Finish him off," before another shot was fired, killing his dog.

"No amount of money is ever going to bring back a beloved pet," said Yulfo's attorney, Ron Kuby.

The settlement was approved by Brooklyn federal judge David Trager on Tuesday

Kati Cornell
Mahlon
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » April 28th, 2006, 1:13 pm

:thumbsup:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby luvmyangels » April 28th, 2006, 2:50 pm

Although this is really screwed up. No one or thing is supposed to be on roof of the housing projects. It is illegal. It does not make the situation right and obviously a judge agreed with the owners. It is just sad all around.

I had to include this because this just annoyed me so much. The only one that loses out in the end is the poor dog because of the stupidity of the owner.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL