RE: Lone Tree CO-

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby ammitnme » January 18th, 2006, 10:15 am

This is crosspost information - thank you Sarah from thepitbullband....

"Unfortunately, the news coming out of Lone Tree is disappointing. The Council unanimously passed the ordinance, which went immediately into effect as an Emergency Ordinance. Four people spoke in favor of the ban and nine spoke in opposition.

Those in support of the ordinance cited the following as their reasons: decline in property value due to PBs in area, people/irresponsible owners cannot be banned so the dogs have to be banned, and that having a PB is like having a loaded gun. One supporter called for an increase in liability insurance PB owners are required to carry outlined in the ordinance (this supporter works for an insurance company). Council members spoke following the public comment period and reaffirmed their support, citing the following: one member had spoken to a former dog show judge (the only attempt at "research" regarding the issue that was made by the Council) who agreed that a ban should be enacted due to PB temperament, another member had heard of two PBs running loose in Lone Tree, another member stated that he wanted to, "protect our current citizens and protect them from the dumping of these animals", from surrounding communities that have enacted bans, and the final member stated that PBs have been "designed" to fight and will not relent once they attack and since responsible owners cannot be legislated, the dogs must be banned. "

I am sending the Council the newest blog entry from DogPolitics.com:
White Woman With A Pitbull
http://dogpolitics.typepad.com/my_weblo ... .html#more

mayor@cityoflonetree.com, elton.winters@cityoflonetree.com, roger.pearson@cityoflonetree.com, patricia.braden@cityoflonetree.com, sharon.vanramshorst@cityoflonetree.com
ammitnme
Just Whelped

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » January 18th, 2006, 10:51 am

That just ruined my morning. :cry:
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Romanwild » January 18th, 2006, 11:14 am

Don't give up yet.

Re-group and hit them again. There reasoning is discrimatory to people. Dogs don't lower property values.

If I undserstood you, you said a show judge supported the ban? Please get his/her name. They need to be removed from judgeing. :x
Romanwild
I live here

Postby ammitnme » January 19th, 2006, 5:37 am

Romanwild wrote:If I undserstood you, you said a show judge supported the ban? Please get his/her name. They need to be removed from judgeing. :x

We are working on that issue...will certainly pass that name on to you...and everyone in the whole country....
Leisa
ammitnme
Just Whelped

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL