Fight Starter

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 13th, 2006, 7:05 pm

And it wasn't a pittie. I was volunteering at an outdoor arts and crafts show for one of my local rescues. This woman brought over a small black furball (can't remember the name of the breed). Well, another person brought over this gorgeous fawn-colored pittie mix, well-behaved. I was of course loving on the gorgeous pittie. The black dog was straining to sniff the pittie, so the two owners let them. Then the black dog growled and snapped at the pittie, almost taking its nose off. Unfortunately the pittie snapped back and lunged after the little dog, scaring the bejeezus out of the little dog.

The pittie's owner dragged her lunging and barking dog away *sigh*, and some elderly woman who SAW THE WHOLE THING leaned over to the little black dog and said in a babying voice, "Did that big mean dog scare you???" My eyes almost fell out of my head. The black dog's owner very matter-of-factly corrected her and stated that it was her dog's fault, her dog had started it. I was very surprised and refreshed to hear her admit that.

Not the best example of a good pittie press story since the pittie still would've used the furball as a chew toy if given the chance, but at least the little dog's owner took responsibility. :|
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 13th, 2006, 7:25 pm

I'm glad the little dog's owner at least took responsibility. Too bad she didn't have better control of her dog.
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 13th, 2006, 8:22 pm

She did snatch him up right away. Actually, he bolted to her as soon as the pittie went after him. And I heard her tell the pittie's owner that her dog isn't real fond of big dogs.
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby dogcrazyjen » May 17th, 2006, 12:49 pm

So why let the dogs sniff?

I do NOT let my dogs greet when on leash. It just sets them up for failure, IMO.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL