Decision 2008

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby mnp13 » January 3rd, 2008, 12:08 am

only 11 months to go... and I'm beyond fed up with it already.

personally, I think that any politician that wants to run for an office that they were not elected for should have to resign before they are "official candidates"
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby airwalk » January 3rd, 2008, 12:09 am

Here, Here...that would slow down some of this crap.
airwalk
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » January 3rd, 2008, 12:12 am

Ron Paul. Although I don't agree with everything he stands for ( such as abortion) I do agree with him on the majority.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » January 3rd, 2008, 12:19 am

Currently I'm in the "Anyone But Mitt Romney" camp. They could elect a frickin' newt and I'd be happier than if that backwards idiot took power . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » January 3rd, 2008, 12:21 am

I have two absolute deal breakers - abortion and BSL. If a candidate has the wrong answer on either of those it doesn't matter what else they have to say.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Stormy » January 3rd, 2008, 12:24 am

I would probably get thrown off if I said who I'm for. lol No one on any of my other forums agrees with me.

I do think... and I could end up very, very wrong... but I think that if either Hilary or Obama get the Dem bid, a republican will win the election.
Mom to Delaney Jade- Pit Bull mix
Little Jack Slade of Okeechobee Hill -Yorkie/Poodle mix. Both were adopted!
Stormy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 3rd, 2008, 12:28 am

On January 02 2008, 23:24, Stormy wrote:I would probably get thrown off if I said who I'm for. lol No one on any of my other forums agrees with me.

You might be surprised...

I do think... and I could end up very, very wrong... but I think that if either Hilary or Obama get the Dem bid, a republican will win the election.

Unfortunately, I think you're probably right.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Stormy » January 3rd, 2008, 12:31 am

On January 02 2008, mnp13 wrote:I have two absolute deal breakers - abortion and BSL. If a candidate has the wrong answer on either of those it doesn't matter what else they have to say.

Do you have a link or anything as to where each candidate stands on BSL? I haven't seen anything like that yet, and could totally sway my decision.
Stormy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » January 3rd, 2008, 12:37 am

“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby luvmypitties » January 3rd, 2008, 12:38 am

I dont follow all that stuff. I have yet to vote.
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Jenn » January 3rd, 2008, 12:43 am

Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » January 3rd, 2008, 12:46 am

This video made by the same people has made me realize that Ann Coulter is a beautiful human being . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye_2a7Lrl80
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby luvmypitties » January 3rd, 2008, 12:49 am

I will agree that was a very odd video and song!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » January 3rd, 2008, 12:56 am

On January 02 2008, SisMorphine wrote:

This video made by the same people has made me realize that Ann Coulter is a beautiful human being . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye_2a7Lrl80

That was hilarious. Ann Coulter is all that is fvcking evil in this world.
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Stormy » January 3rd, 2008, 1:25 am

dang, I can't watch youtube videos on this computer. well I can, but it would be next week before it actually loaded.
Stormy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Marinepits » January 3rd, 2008, 10:37 am

Too many friggin' candidates to choose from.

Abortion, gun control, health care, and the death penalty are my deal-breakers. I need the right answer on those questions to be able to choose a candidate and not one has answered all of them right for me.

What to do, what to do.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Marinepits » January 3rd, 2008, 10:39 am

Here are the caucus/primary dates by state: http://www.rockthevote.com/2008-preside ... lendar.php
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » January 3rd, 2008, 10:54 am

I am extremely disappointed with our choices...
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 3rd, 2008, 11:32 am

On January 02 2008, 23:31, Stormy wrote:
On January 02 2008, mnp13 wrote:I have two absolute deal breakers - abortion and BSL. If a candidate has the wrong answer on either of those it doesn't matter what else they have to say.

Do you have a link or anything as to where each candidate stands on BSL? I haven't seen anything like that yet, and could totally sway my decision.

I've called them in the past. The person on the phone usually has no idea what I am talking about, but I push the issue. One lady told me something to the effect of "there are more important issues out there" and I informed her that nothing is more important to me than this issue. She called me back the next day...
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » January 3rd, 2008, 11:38 am

On January 03 2008, 09:37, Marinepits wrote:Too many friggin' candidates to choose from.

Abortion, gun control, health care, and the death penalty are my deal-breakers. I need the right answer on those questions to be able to choose a candidate and not one has answered all of them right for me.

What to do, what to do.

interesting list. where do you stand?
Abortion - must be allowed, though I'm ok with parental consent for minors since if something goes wrong it will probably be the parents who have to take care of that problem.

gun control - I agree with background checks but responsible citizens should be able to carry if they want

health care - I have no idea what I want, but drug companies and HMO's need to be reigned in and seriously regulated.

death penalty - should be leagal and used much more frequently, and no more being on death row for years and years. and I'm anti-plea bargain too. on that same topic, I am against a lot of the "prisoners rights" stuff as well. I don't have cable TV, why should a rapist get it?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Next

Return to Off-Topic