taking a break.

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Malli » March 20th, 2011, 4:01 am

I'm sorry, I didn't know where to put this.

For at least a little while, I think I'm going to take a break from replying to any memorial posts; it isn't that I don't want to offer sentiments and condolences, or don't care at all. I have nothing but sympathy for anyone who loses their pet, particularly those I "know" from online.

Please understand this has to do with my own situation and background; my dog is aging, and I know from 4 years at the animal emergency hospital where we would regularly have several euthanasias in an 8 hour shift - euthanasia and death are very real for me.
I'm left with making the connection to my own dog, and I can't shake it.
I don't want to be pessimistic or sad and unfortunately thats what I feel when I read the memorial posts.

So I suppose this is just an overall "I am so, so sorry"(because I always am), to any memorial I may not reply to. I just felt like it would be rude not to put somewhere why...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » March 20th, 2011, 7:40 am

I understand what you are saying, Mallika.

Just know that I am very thankful for all the emotional support you have given to me.

I said it somewhere else, and I will say it again....many of us are on overload and I, for one, have no more coping skills left.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » March 20th, 2011, 8:10 am

I'm kind of in the same boat right now...I can respond with some quick things, but I'm not able to fully articulate what I want to say. With Rip aging quickly, it's hitting too close to home these days.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby ArtGypsy » March 20th, 2011, 10:15 am

So Understood.................... :(

Sometimes I Marvel at How Supportive We Are to Others Despite Carrying Burdens that Strain Our Own Backs.

Lately I have been feeling overwhelmed in general---------Trying to find a safe, peaceful, warm, light escape is proving more and more difficult.

It Seems the Entire World is Suffering; Our Efforts to Wipe the Brows of Our Close Friends *here* and in 'off forum life" is the 'best' we can offer, despite our Desire to Take Away the Pain.

I won't Lie------the pain/loss/disappointment/hurt feelings here on the board over the last few months has slid the forum into one of those 'places' I no longer rush to visit.
The pain outweighs the joy lately.

Wishing for Us All..............PEACE.
Peace for the Long Aching Nights, The Worry for Friends Who We Cannot Reach and the Desire to Quell the Hurt Feelings that Flare.

:groupHug:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby madremissy » March 20th, 2011, 10:39 am

Beautifully said Grace.

Malli, I totally understand. It has been a little much lately and sometimes I am so scared to open up threads lately. :hug3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Pit♥bull » March 20th, 2011, 10:40 am

Malli wrote:"I am so, so sorry"(because I always am)

iluvk9 wrote:many of us are on overload and I, for one, have no more coping skills left.

TheRedQueen wrote:it's hitting too close to home these days.

ArtGypsy wrote:Sometimes I Marvel at How Supportive We Are to Others Despite Carrying Burdens that Strain Our Own Backs.

X1000 :nono:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby BullyLady » March 20th, 2011, 12:40 pm

I totally get it. :neutral: That's actually why I always write the same thing, because it summarizes how I really feel without me having to dig deep and get overly emotional every time. I've had people message me on other forums that it's weird that I write the same thing every time, but... it's how I deal while still being able to show my support. :|

Death sucks. Understatement of the year.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby plebayo » March 20th, 2011, 1:24 pm

I don't think it's an issue at all...

I know for myself I posted in the memorial section because I am able to share with friends a story but also vent my feelings be it sad, angry or guilty. It isn't about the 'replies' because I know you all have my back and the support is there if I need it. I look at the memorial section as a place to at least release the feelings that I have been holding in and a place to remember our furkids that have passed.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Return to Off-Topic