Invasion ..

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Emi » January 19th, 2006, 8:04 pm

Just got word that the "Invasion of the in-laws" will happen again March 1st...

Any one got room for Miss Dottie, Percy and myself ??? for a few days???

Good people , but 4 people 2 animals in a 800 square ft apartment :rolleyes2:

Dottie isn't gonna be able to go to her fosters mommy's this year for this event as that she is expecting...

Scott will watch Percy but not Dottie ...

Gonna make arrangement and pay for a motel room myself for them ... to heck with this stress ... :shock:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Purple » January 19th, 2006, 8:27 pm

LOL....my parents stopped staying with me years ago, after, I believe, the third dog......now they stay with my sister, she has two leggers.....FOR TWO - THREE MONTHS!!!! :stickDance:
Purple
I live here

Postby Emi » January 25th, 2006, 6:26 pm

Well , i did it , I emailed my in-laws and told them it would be a good idea to stay in a motel this year ... :groupjump:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 25th, 2006, 6:36 pm

Good for you!!!! Most of my family has passed away, all I have left are nieces & a nephew. They can some stay as long as they want, I work all the time anyway. I'm not home enough for them to bother me.

ALthough my great niece ( 4) called me the other night & asked if she could come visit me. I told her she would have to wait until her mom came too because there was no one here to watch her during the day. She told me "Munkee can watch me." :D I thought that was adorable!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Emi » January 25th, 2006, 6:38 pm

Oh that's just to adoreable :) out of the mouths of babies :wink:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby SisMorphine » January 25th, 2006, 11:20 pm

I have family and I would LOVE it if they would come stay with me (I just moved into my own house, first one, yay!). But I know they won't because the house is too loud with a boarding kennel being run out of the basement and all. *pout*
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Emi » January 26th, 2006, 4:37 am

Oh I am not saying I don't like them ... but they can be very over bearing at times ....

I'm diabetic so I have breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack ...my mother in law told me I ate to much the first time they came to visit ... So the next day I just had breakfast , no snack, lunch, no snack, and dinner , and by the time we were mid way threw dinner, I was starting to have a reaction from not eating the way i'm use to and suppost to ... his family is catholic , which is all fine and dandy , well she keeps pushing me to become one , and when they where here that time, sorta pushed for going to church , which is ok ... but they chose the one close to lunch time and when i'm use to having lunch , so by the time I got out of there I had a horrible headache , so had Earl stop at a resturant and ahve some thing quick ... I smoke they don't, so I smoked out side or in our bedroom and closed the door , 1 wk of lectures was enough I know it's not good for me , but i'm also a responsible smoker i don't smoke in others home , nor in front of others if they don't smoke... also my Father inlaw looked into my checkbook , and offered to teach me how to keep a checkbook, I do all my money stuff online so more then likely to him it looked like jibberish .... I also keep up on laundry every day, some thing is always going cause if i don't I won't get it done , my father in law was telling me to just do it once a week :shock: not me not my style of doing things .. Also first thing I do when I get up is clean the kitchen , and after every meal it get's clean , I know but a clean kitchen is a happy home ...he should of seen my Grandmother , now that woman cleaned the house top to bottom every day to ... lol , they like their food plain jane, and we like to shake things up ... oh boy... I made a soup, it's sausage, tators , beans, bacon spices, Earl loves it , I get a little bit of it cause I love it but to much carbs for me , mother in law complained , said it tasted like gumbo ... bleh ...

Second time they came , I sorta stayed out of their way ... was in my bedroom alot lol

This last year we had Dottie for the first time , she was with us one night , and then the next morning she went off to her foster mothers for a week she had a vacation lol .... first words out of my father in laws mouth was , Why'd you get such a big dog :?: :rolleyes2: they stayed with a few days then flew down to Mexico for a few days then back up... came back up ranting on about religion ... :shock: Alrighty then here we go again on that lecture , well to me , it's whats in your heart and how you live your life that counts and i'll be dealing with my maker when i pass on ... I don't believe you have to go to the building to be happy ... but that's me , and it's hard for me to sit that hour on those seats that are usually in the churches..

Any way , this summer we went out East for a month and on the weekends we headed to his parents cabin up in the moutains by Towanda PA , was nice actually , actually no lectures of any sort , they have a finished off nice basement with a nice huge bedroom, and a nice huge bathroom and a door to the out side , oh it was so nice , sat out side most the day , got a tad bit warm in the afternoon , Dottie loved it , she was out side from the minute we woke up till we went to bed ... their cabin is surrounded by nothing but the forest and no houses around for like 2 miles , so she romped all day long she was in heaven ... actually enjoyed my visit with them ....

Oh yeah forgot about the first couple times, my Mother in law went in and rearranged my pantry and dishes etc .. :shock:

Sorry , but had to get it off my chest lol
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Purple » January 26th, 2006, 7:42 am

Sounds an awful lot like my parents.....and, hey, if you're ever in Towanda again, we'll have to meet up..... :)
Purple
I live here

Return to Off-Topic