BODY WORLDS

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Kangas Mommy » February 1st, 2006, 9:48 pm

So today me and some co-workers travled to Philly to see the Body Worlds exibit at the Franklin Institute. It was so neat. They use real donor human bodies that they preserve with a process called plastication (SP?) And they show them doing activities they would do while alive so you can see the body structures. They also show in depth all the organ systems and explain functions. Also there were disease processes like cancer on display. They even had a woman with a 8 month baby inside. Very cool stuff. You can check it out on the web site...they travel around the world. GO SEE IT IF YOU GET THE CHANCE!

http://www.fi.edu/bodyworlds/info.html

Oh and if you want you can have your body donated to the program...lol sorry im weird and i thought this was great!
Last edited by Kangas Mommy on February 1st, 2006, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » February 1st, 2006, 9:49 pm

:shock:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » February 1st, 2006, 9:50 pm

Hey, you were supposed to take my husband....I have no want or desire to see that :puke:
Purple
I live here

Postby Kangas Mommy » February 1st, 2006, 9:55 pm

I didnt think i wanted to see it either since im an animal nurse and humans gross me out but it was very educational and entertaining. Its not all gross like you would think it would be. Actually nothing about it grossed me out. Very informing....Its even a place kids are going on feild trips. Not morbid at all. :|
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Off-Topic