2006 Dogwalk against Cancer May 7th 2006 NJ/NY

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby Maryellen » February 28th, 2006, 4:39 pm

From my friend Lynda:
I've done a booth at two of these, at the Bear Mountain location, for the ADOA. It's a HUGE event, and a great way to talk with average dog owners.

The Riverside Park one attracts celebraties and usually makes it on the news that night.

It's also just an awesome fun day out.

Lynda

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: American Cancer Society's Dogswalk Against Cancer <ea.dogswalk.nyc@cancer.org>
To: lyndabd@yahoo.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 3:05:26 PM
Subject: It's Here...the 2006 DOGSWALK AGAINST CANCER

Dear Lynda,

The American Cancer Society is pleased to announce that registration for the 2006 Dogswalk Against Cancer is now open!

On Sunday, May 7, 2006, join the American Cancer Society for a fun-filled day of entertainment, food, prizes, and giveaways at the 2006 Dogswalk Against Cancer. Taking place in New York City's Riverside Park and Bear Mountain State Park in Rockland County, Dogswalk Against Cancer is a noncompetitive walk-a-thon and festival where everyone can enjoy a day in the park while raising money to fight human and animal cancers.

We are chasing our tails with excitement at the launch of the 2006 Dogswalk Against Cancer Web site. We raised more than $100,000 online last year and we hope to double that amount this year! Easy and fun to use, this year's Web site has features that will allow you to:

Register & Collect Pledges
Email friends, family members, and co-workers and request donations.

Donate
Even if you can't join us on May 7, 2005, make a contribution to this great cause.

Help out in the weeks leading up to the event or on event day.

Purchase a Journal Page
Showcase your company, your pooch or buy a page for a loved one.

Visit the Doggie Door
Read inspirational stories, get helpful tips, nominate your pooch to be the 2005 Dogswalk Against Cancer King or Queen, and more!

Forming or Joining a Team

Once again, you can form a team or join a team already created by a friend or family member. Teams are a great way to encourage family, friends, and co-workers to come celebrate the day's activities as well as a good way to grow your fundraising effort.

Make your commitment to Dogswalk Against Cancer!

We’d love to see you! This is your chance to make a difference in the lives of so many. Simply spread the word in a quick and easy way by forwarding this email to everyone you know, so that they, too, can participate in this great event. With so many ways to be involved, the American Cancer Society's Dogswalk Against Cancer is certain to be a "doggone" good time. If you have questions along the way, contact us.

We look forward to your visit soon!
Maryellen
I live here

Return to North East