WPBTCA 2007 Championship in Maryland

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby babyreba » September 5th, 2007, 9:09 pm

http://www.wpbtca.com/2007champ.htm

Working Pit Bull Terrier
Club of America

November 3 & 4, 2007

Events

The WPBTCA will be offering 6 competitive events and a BST. Winners of each event will be crowned our champion in that discipline. A National Champion will be crowned from a pool of competitors who will compete in 3 or more events with the highest average score being the winner. To qualify for National Champion, 1 of your minimum 3 events must be protection or 2 of your minimum 3 events must be Scenting and Weight Pull. Canine Good Citizen (CGC) evaluations and certifications will also be given.

Events will be offered in a Novice and Open Class. For more detail on the rules please consult the WPBTCA Rules & Regulations Handbook at this link (click here).

· Confirmation
· Obedience
· Agility
· Scenting (Scent discrimination or tracking)
· Weight Pull
· Protection
· Breed Suitability Test (BST) will be offered
· Canine Good Citizen (CGC)

Prizes

Along with a certificate and the title of WPBTCA champions; Trophies and / or ribbons will be available for places 1 - 3 in all classes. There will also be a $100 cash prize to the winner of each open event plus $200’s cash to the team crowned 2007 WPBTCA NATIONAL CHAMPION.

Entries

There will be no profit turned at this years National Event, so please come out and support us and help us boost membership and support 2 important causes that we all believe in. Half of all entry fees will be donated to our gracious hosts The Humane Society of Harford County and the other half of all entry fees will be donated to LawdogsUSA.org for the GREAT work they both do for the APBT.

All entries must be WPBTCA members.

· Membership Fee = $35
· Membership Application (click here)
· Entry Fee = $15 per event
· Entry Fee = $35 National Championship (this will put you in 3 events, a fourth event will be another single entry fee)
· Entry Form (click here)
· CGC evaluation = $10 (all proceeds to The Humane Society of Hartford County)
Please send fee’s and applications to:
Aja Harris
WPBTCA Secretary
2608 Kentucky Ave.
Baltimore, Md 21213
ajasage@gmail.com
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 5th, 2007, 11:08 pm

Hugh Thanks to our hosts The Humane Society of Harford County !!!
The event will be located at the Shelter.

The Humane Society of Harford County, Inc.
2208 Connolly Road
Fallston, Md 21047
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby babyreba » September 6th, 2007, 8:15 am

haha, oops. thanks.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » September 6th, 2007, 1:00 pm

I'm hoping to at least go watch one of the days :D
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby TheRedQueen » September 12th, 2007, 10:25 am

Are spectator dogs welcome?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby babyreba » September 12th, 2007, 12:17 pm

As far as I know, yes. The events are being held on the grounds of the humane society, so there will definitely be some non-competing dogs in attendance.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » September 12th, 2007, 4:35 pm

I would recommend that you bring a crate just in case. Most events allow spectator's dogs, but if there is a problem they may ask you to put the dog up. For weight pull you'll probably watch from the front, and most pulls do not allow any dogs past the starting line so you'll be stuck behind the action.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby lellis34 » September 12th, 2007, 5:03 pm

I've put it on my calendar. When it gets closer, hopefully we'll see who all is going and I can finally meet some of the folks on this board.
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby TheRedQueen » September 13th, 2007, 8:05 pm

On September 12 2007, 3:35 PM, mnp13 wrote:I would recommend that you bring a crate just in case. Most events allow spectator's dogs, but if there is a problem they may ask you to put the dog up. For weight pull you'll probably watch from the front, and most pulls do not allow any dogs past the starting line so you'll be stuck behind the action.

Okey dokey! Not a problem at all...

Sawyer of course would be there, but he's allowed. ;) I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making a huge faux pas if I brought Score. Thanks for the advice on where to stand too...

We've always got crates in the van, so by Nov. it *should* be fine to leave him in there (who knows with this weather nowadays)...and I've always got soft crates in the van too, just in case. ;)

Now to find my calendar so I can write this in! lol
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby babyreba » October 29th, 2007, 10:30 pm

Got the schedule of events . . . .

Sat.
9:00 am - Early Registration
10:00 am - Agility - (Judge - Annetta Cheek)
11:30 am - Conformation - (Judge - Jane Urciolo)
12:30 pm - Lunch
1:30 pm - Weight Pull - (Judge - Marika Krejci)
3:00 pm - CGC - (Evaluator - Aja Harris)
3:00 pm - BST - (Evaluator - Annetta Cheek)

Sun.
9:00 am - Early Registration (please arrive at 9:00 am if you intend to do tracking)
10:00 am - Scenting - (Judge - Annetta Cheek)
11:00 am - Obedience - (Judge - Annetta Cheek)
12:00 pm - Lunch
12:30 pm - Protection - (Judge - Ron Marshall)
2:00 pm - Awards Ceremony
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » October 30th, 2007, 11:26 am

On September 13 2007, 20:05, TheRedQueen wrote:Sawyer of course would be there, but he's allowed. ;) I just wanted to make sure I wasn't making a huge faux pas if I brought Score. Thanks for the advice on where to stand too...

Sawyer is your service dog, correct? You may still be limited on where you can have him just from a safety and fairness standpoint. I'm sure some consessions will be made, as he is obviously not a "pet" but in some events it would not be a good thing on either end.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to North East