NNY Bulldoggers CGC/TDI

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby Romanwild » January 11th, 2006, 12:39 pm

On February 4th The Northern New York Bulldoggers will be hosting our first Canine Good Citizen test and the Therapy Dog International certification.

We will simultaneously have a Doggie Bake Sale.

Hopefully there will be media coverage!

For our club members we are having free training workshops every Thursdsay night in the month of January. One of the goals of the club is to get as many pit bulls cgc and tdi certified as we can.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Maryellen » January 11th, 2006, 12:45 pm

Excellent Charles, now did you advertise it on all the yahoo groups, in your local paper, obedience classes etc????
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Maryellen » February 28th, 2006, 1:38 pm

charles how did this event go???
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Romanwild » February 28th, 2006, 2:50 pm

It went o.k. other then I failed the test. Remember?

The bake sale was cool but we didn't have a lot of people other then the club show up.

The members want to do it again this summer or fall.

The church was very cool about us using the room. They said we are welcome anytime! Presbyterians love Pit Bulls!
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Maryellen » February 28th, 2006, 2:53 pm

i remember about that, but i was curious as to how the rest went.. you should try to get into adoption events and awareness events too.... that will broaden your horizons..like we do an event every year called Wayne Day, they celebrate the town, and the proceeds benefit the local shelter... the booth is $50 for the entire day, and there are alot of people that show up... try something like that.. if you are near the catskill /albany area out of the pits does some great events up near the syracuse area too... check out their website under events at http://www.outofthepits.org and see if you can get into the events if you are close..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pitmom2104 » February 28th, 2006, 3:21 pm

I would like to get my Princess certified for therapy work. I work with mentally handicapped people and they love when I bring her in to say hi. I think If she was actually certified I could bring her in more.
pitmom2104
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » February 28th, 2006, 3:23 pm

For those interested in obtaining your therapy dog title and working your bullies.. these are the 3 major Therapy Dog Groups

Delta Society http://www.deltasociety.org/VolunteerAboutAbout.htm

Therapy Dogs International http://www.tdi-dog.org/

Bright and Beautiful Therapy Dogs http://www.golden-dogs.org

Postby Romanwild » February 28th, 2006, 4:31 pm

We have a lot of things planned. We haven't talked about adsoption events yet since we don't have a big over population problem like some other areas.

We are going to do a clean up day in the local park and combine it with a cook out this spring. As I mentioned, more training classes and CGC testing. We will be doing a IWPA weight pull hopefully this spring as well as at the bullympics.

I will forward on your advice Mary Ellen. THX! :)
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Maryellen » February 28th, 2006, 4:42 pm

the adoption events get local people to come out and donate, have a table etc,.. you dont hav to have dogs for adoption to attend, most events welcome rescues/trainers/etc... if you can just get a spot at an adoption event, you can talk about the breed, its history, print up flyers about the breed, bsl, adoa, etc.... like every year njforpitbulls is welcome to wayne day.... so i told the coordinator we would be there every year.. she was thrilled that a pit bull group would attend since no one responded to her but us... we had a table, tent, and had brochures on the breed, history, etc, plus rufus was there and another pit bull, we had alot of peopel come to our booth, plus i did cgc testing that day, so it was a great day... you want to get your group into as many events as possible just to spread the word around and pass out flyers etc...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Romanwild » February 28th, 2006, 4:45 pm

We can do the llocal AKC shows!

We definately need the money!
Romanwild
I live here

Return to North East