Penn Yan NY BARK HEARD AROUND THE WORLD

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby Jenny » May 14th, 2008, 10:15 pm

Heres the email from the organizers of the event.. hope to meet some of you there! :D

The Bark event is May 17th at the fairgrounds in Yates County, NY... this Saturday!

Hi Everybody!

I can't tell you how excited we are for this coming weekend - Please keep your fingers crossed for good weather! I wanted to send one last email before we all see each other with a few pieces of information about the event and directions to the fairgrounds.

We hope that you will all be able to be a part of our May 16th Friday night Candlelight Vigil at the Geneva Chamber of Commerce Building on Routes 5 and 20 right on the lake. We have a very special service planned as part of this vigil - better bring Kleenex! It starts at 8pm. Here is a link to the map quest location.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=geneva,+ny&ie=UTF8&z=11&ll=42.879486,-76.955795&spn=0.240009,0.599442&om=1&iwloc=A

We plan be at the Fairgrounds early on Saturday, and you can start setting up at 8am. Please check in at the registration table, and we will let you know where your space is in the building. You are free to bring a tent or canopy if you would prefer to be out on the grounds instead of in the building. We do have a sound system so you should be able to hear the speakers. The main building where most of the rescues will be set up is only three sided so it is not completely closed in - sound will carry. If you have rented tables, they will be waiting for you, everyone does however need to bring chairs. You are welcome to bring dogs, just remember to clean up after them and that our rule for the event is no on site adoptions that day. I am sure you all do thorough home checks and vet checks so that would never be an option.

We have a new billboard up on Route 14 near Watkins Glen featuring the men of Rescue Ink and it has attracted much attention. You can see the billboard on their site at http://www.rescueink.com We thank Ellen and Oprah for their perfect timing in helping get the word out about Puppy mills and Rescue Ink. I think many will come because they are curious. The billboard can also be seen on our website at http://www.puppymillrescue.com/bark.htm

We apologize for the difficult time many of you have had finding the fairgrounds on a map search. It is truly a rural fairgrounds in a small town. While we have been questioned about why we are having Bark here and not in some big town, this is where it needs to be this year. This is where the mills are multiplying in abundance. It is not an easy place to find on Map quest or Yahoo maps because it doesn't seem to have a numbered address. When you get to Penn Yan - here are the directions to the fairgrounds:

From the North: Take rte.14A south thru Penn Yan
turn East or left onto Kimball rd. just before Friendly Dodge. Follow Kimball rd
to the end it comes to a t and stop sign at old rte 14a . Follow old rte 14a
north to the fairgrounds.

From the south: Take rte 14 A north, to Kimball rd which
will be just north of Friendly Dodge - turn right or East go to the stop sign
turn left onto old rte 14a , to the fairgrounds.

Many of you have been concerned that your check has not been cashed. If you made the check out for just the registration fee, we will return that check to you upon your participation in Bark. It is a refundable deposit for those that attend.

I thought you would like to see the list of participating rescues. It is current as of yesterday:

Albany-Capital District Pug Lovers Inc
Animal Rights Advocates of CNY
Another Chance Ranch
Best Friends Animal Society
Caring for Critters
Coast to Coast Dachshund
Col Potter Cairn Rescue
Dog Rescue Society
East Coast Asian Dog Rescue
Farm Sanctuary
Finger Lakes Pug Meet Up
Green Mountain Pug Rescue
HEART Inc
Hubbard's Hounds
Humane Society of Yates County
Internet Miniature Pinscher Services
Just a Touch Rescue
K-9 Healers
Kindred Spirits Greyhound Rescue
Lucky Star Cavalier Rescue
National Great Pyrenees Rescue
Paws Across Oswego County
PETA

Puppymillrescue
Reigning Cats and Dogs
Rudy's Rescue
Shih Tzus and Furbabies
Small Paws Rescue
Southern States Dachshund Rescue
Spring Farm Cares
Tompkins County SPCA
Wolfspirit

Please email me with any other questions that you may have - I am sure I've forgotten many things. I can't believe the event is so close - we are all excited to meet you!

Thank you!
Cheryl Rogers
Eileen Franco
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to North East