Weight Pull practice Bear MTN NY 4/5

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby Leslie H » April 4th, 2009, 3:57 pm

I'm reposting this from elsewhere.

Every month (sometimes twice a month) a bunch of us meet at the Bear Mountain Inn to practice how to learn weight training with our dogs.. Leslie H runs the training, and harnesses are available for dogs 40 lbs and under to practice with. After the practice, we take the dogs for a nice leisurely walk around the lake, and then into the woods .. Normally we are there for around 4 hours to start.. Anyone and everyone is welcome to attend, with or without your dogs its up to you.. parking at the Inn is $6 unfortunately. no charge to learn how to properly weight pull . we normally meet at 1pm at the Inn, and then go from there to practice.. bring water, bowl, poop bag, and a snack for yourself. we have a blast doing it, and its a great chance to get your dogs out for socializing. our next meeting is Saturday April 4th at 1pm weather permitting...

Date has been changed to 4/5 due to rain.

please ignore the rules about dogs being muzzled, i called the Park committee and they said that is OLD and dogs do not need to be muzzled unless the owner feels they should..

http://www.hudsonriver.com/bearmtn.htm

Directions

From the Palisades Interstate Parkway (north or south): Get off at exit 19 (Bear Mtn. Park) and take Seven Lakes Drive for 3 ½ miles to the Bear mountain Circle. At the circle, take the second right. Follow the signs to Parking Lots. If you miss exit 19, take the Parkway to the Bear Mountain Bridge Circle. At this circle, make the first right onto 9W south and go to the traffic light. Bear right and go up the hill.
From the North via I-87 (NY Thruway): Take I-87 south to exit 16 (Harriman). At the traffic light turn left onto Route 32, At third light, turn left onto Route 6 east. Take Route 6 east to the Queensboro Traffic circle. At circle, make the third right onto Palisades Interstate Parkway north. Take exit 19.
From the North via Route 9W: Take 9W south to the Bear Mountain Bridge Circle. At the circle, go ½ way around to Route 9W south. At the first traffic light bear right and go up the hill.
From the north via I-84: Take I-84 west to the second exit after the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge (Route 9W south). Take Route 9W south about 18 miles to the Bear Mountain Bridge Circle. At the circle, go ½ way around to Route 9W south. At first traffic light, bear right and go up hill.
From New York City via Palisades Interstate Parkway: Take the upper level of the George Washington Bridge. Take the very first right onto the Palisades Interstate Parkway north. Go about 42 miles to exit 19.
From the South via Garden State Parkway: Take the Garden State Parkway north to the last exit (I-87/287, NY Thruway). Go east/south on I-87 to exit 13N (Palisades Interstate Parkway north). Go about 19 miles to Exit 19.
From the West via Route 17 or I-84: Take Route 17 east to Exit 130A (Bear Mountain) to Route 6/Long Mountain Parkway. Take Route 6 east to the Queensboro Traffic Circle. At the circle, make the third right onto the Palisades Interstate Parkway north. Take exit 19.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby Marinepits » April 4th, 2009, 4:21 pm

We may see you there! :dance:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 4th, 2009, 5:20 pm

Hopefully everyone will be healthy so I can make it next time. Enjoy!!!!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Leslie H » April 4th, 2009, 8:06 pm

Marinepits, it would be great to see you. Would I finally get to meet some of your dogs?

Therese, give Patcheeno a hug for me.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby Marinepits » April 4th, 2009, 9:12 pm

Leslie H wrote:Marinepits, it would be great to see you. Would I finally get to meet some of your dogs?

:lol3: Maybe.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to North East