Festival of Fur

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby maberi » July 27th, 2009, 10:43 am

For anyone in the Western NY area. The Batavia animal shelter will be hosting its' annual Festival of Fur from noon till 4 pm on Saturday, August 15th.

The fundraiser will include a chicken BBQ and microchip clinic, as well as other fun activities for humans and dogs.

This shelter is run by a wonderful group of volunteers who really put forth a great effort to help place pits that come through their doors, and is also the shelter that didn't give up on Kayden after his stay of over 5 months at the shelter.

Kayden and I will be on site doing a flyball demo as well, so if anyone is bored and wants to help support a good cause, come out and join us.

Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby pitbullmamaliz » July 27th, 2009, 10:50 am

That sounds fun! I like the name of it. :giggle:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby LMM » July 27th, 2009, 10:56 am

maberi wrote:For anyone in the Western NY area. The Batavia animal shelter will be hosting its' annual Festival of Fur from noon till 4 pm on Saturday, August 15th.

The fundraiser will include a chicken BBQ and microchip clinic, as well as other fun activities for humans and dogs.

This shelter is run by a wonderful group of volunteers who really put forth a great effort to help place pits that come through their doors, and is also the shelter that didn't give up on Kayden after his stay of over 5 months at the shelter.

Kayden and I will be on site doing a flyball demo as well, so if anyone is bored and wants to help support a good cause, come out and join us.

CA RAP! I would so be down for helping out. Lord knows we have so few events like this in our area! I will be at Seabreeze for my company's annual picnic/summer get together thingy.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby maberi » August 14th, 2009, 9:46 pm

BUMP

Heidi, Kayden, Earl and I will be there tomorrow from 11-4

Heidi will be catching Kayden tomorrow on the flyball run backs with the tug since my back is shot. Trust me, that is more comic relief than you could ask for

Ice cream is on me for anyone that shows up and if you stay long enough drinks as well
maberi

Postby maberi » August 15th, 2009, 9:05 pm

Well there definitely was some comic relief. Heidi tried catching Kayden when we arrived and did a face plant into the grass and tore 3 finger nails trying to catch him.

Other than that, the day was fun. The shelter made a lot of money, dogs had some ice cream and the chicken barbeque was great.
maberi

Postby BigDogBuford » August 15th, 2009, 9:24 pm

maberi wrote:Well there definitely was some comic relief. Heidi tried catching Kayden when we arrived and did a face plant into the grass and tore 3 finger nails trying to catch him.

Video?
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby madremissy » August 15th, 2009, 9:25 pm

Oh no. I hope Heidi is ok. Ripping fingernails off is quite painful. :(
Glad ya'll had a good day other than that.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Marinepits » August 15th, 2009, 9:59 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:
maberi wrote:Well there definitely was some comic relief. Heidi tried catching Kayden when we arrived and did a face plant into the grass and tore 3 finger nails trying to catch him.

Video?

:oops: I thought the same thing as I read that. :lol3:

Hope she's alright! :D
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to North East