Dog Sports Open, St. Johns, MI, Aug 20-21, 2011

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby mnp13 » December 17th, 2010, 5:43 pm

PLEASE NOTE THE DATE CHANGE!!!!! (The date was originally posted as 27-28 on their website.)

The theme for the 2011 DSO is "Descent into Hell" I don't think we'll be encountering any sprinklers this time around!!!

Who's coming?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 17th, 2010, 5:55 pm

I'll be there and I already know my theme song.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » December 17th, 2010, 11:12 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I'll be there and I already know my theme song.

Well, la-di-frickin'-da... :neener:

I'll be there with my massive entry of no-good dogs... :mrgreen: John will be there also...with his one no-good dog.

I promised Rip that he can compete in 2011...he just has to keep truckin' till then. He'll be one month shy of his 14th birthday. 8)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Rolex+Deebo » January 2nd, 2011, 12:43 am

I would love to go, how long is the drive? Can I follow someone going? :|
What is it like? Do we have a post on it from previous years? Want to know more!
PR Top Line's Inna White Tee CGC ~aka~ ♥Rolex♥
Deebo ~aka~ Slobber Monkey
Scahill's Goddess Of Light CGC TDI ~aka~ Ziva

Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace. Albert Schweitzer
Rolex+Deebo
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » January 2nd, 2011, 10:57 am

Rolex+Deebo wrote:I would love to go, how long is the drive? Can I follow someone going? :|
What is it like? Do we have a post on it from previous years? Want to know more!

I can't tell you how long the drive is from NY...I'm coming from MD. We did it in one day: Friday, competed on Saturday, and left midday Sunday to go home. It was super fun!

For previous years check out the DSO page, and scroll down to the "write-ups" for each year, done with pics by Michelle. 8) You'll see me n' my gang in last year's pics. There are threads on PBT too, but this was an easier link to grab. ;)
http://www.capitalcitydogsportassociati ... sopen.html
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » January 2nd, 2011, 11:31 am

Thanks Erin!

There are a pile of threads around, here are a few more:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=25704

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=24207

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=15060

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32195

If you do a search for Michigan, with my username for the author, you'll come up with a TON of threads.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » January 2nd, 2011, 11:34 am

Rolex+Deebo wrote:I would love to go, how long is the drive? Can I follow someone going? :|

As for the drive length, it depends on if you go around or straight through Canada. If you cut through, the drive is about 100 miles shorter, but you have to take the gamble of how long the wait might be at the border crossings. Also, there is the whole "Pit Bulls in Ontario" problem.

If you go around, it's 8-9 hours, plus traffic.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby furever_pit » January 2nd, 2011, 10:14 pm

I'll try to make it with the boys.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 2nd, 2011, 10:54 pm

Yea!

BTW, there isn't a handler age requirement, is there? Braden wants to come and work Score. :giggle:

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » January 2nd, 2011, 11:06 pm

No, I don't think so. However, there is a legal waiver, so I think he'd have to have a parent/guardian sign it and send it in. Call Cheryl and ask her to be sure.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » January 2nd, 2011, 11:16 pm

mnp13 wrote:No, I don't think so. However, there is a legal waiver, so I think he'd have to have a parent/guardian sign it and send it in. Call Cheryl and ask her to be sure.

Ah...good...I'll ask when it gets closer, and we know if he'll be there for sure. :)

TheRedQueen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 3rd, 2011, 7:18 am

My friend's 14 year old worked a dog last year. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » January 3rd, 2011, 9:33 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:My friend's 14 year old worked a dog last year. :)

True, I forgot he worked her... but his mom was present so that may make a difference.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » January 3rd, 2011, 10:30 am

mnp13 wrote:
pitbullmamaliz wrote:My friend's 14 year old worked a dog last year. :)

True, I forgot he worked her... but his mom was present so that may make a difference.

Yeah...Braden's only 9 right now, and not with his parents. :) Just figured I'd ask early, so I'm all prepared!

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » March 16th, 2011, 10:38 am

I'm working on theme songs...I've got Inara covered...:)

TheRedQueen

Return to North East