French Ring/Jimmy Vanhove/Rick Rutt Seminar

AL, AR, FL, GA, KY , LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV

Postby furever_pit » August 10th, 2010, 10:39 am

French Ring / Jimmy Vanhove / Rick Rutt Seminar Greater Washington Dc area
Shenandoah Vally Ring Club Presents
A French Ring Seminar with Jimmy Vanhove and Rick Rutt August 28-29 2010 near Martinsburg WV ( about 1.5 hours from Washington DC and Baltimore)

Come join us at Shenandoah Vally Ring Club for a Great opportunity.
Will will be hosting Jimmy Vanhove and Rick Rutt for this unique seminar.

Jimmy Vanhove---- is currently the highest ranked decoy in France. He is a FR Level 3 and a Selected Mondio Decoy he was selected and just finished Decoying the Cup and Championships in Ring in Mauguio, France. Here are a couple of videos of Jimmy working..

DailyMotion:
http://www.dailymotion.com/user/arfvids ... if_animals

or

YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmAL0FDjYfE

Rick Rutt----
Richard Rutt is the Owner and Head Trainer of V3K9 Solutions, Inc., K9 Trainer/Instructor for Johnstown Police Department, Consultant to the majority of the Police and Sheriff K9 programs in Cambria County, PA, and the founder and President of PennsWoods Ring Club, as well as the Co-Founder of American Ringsport Federation.
Rick’s Ringsport accomplishments include:

* High level Handler, over 50 times Ring III
* NARA Selectifs 2007 (Titan),2008 (Uber)
* NARA Cup and Championships 2006-2007 (Titan), 2008 (“Ubble de le Légende Des Cheyennes” Cup Vice-champion)
* Coupe InterContinentale 2007 Team USA (Titan)
* Regional Championships Oct.2006 St. Hubert du Nord, France (Titan) 43 Ring III teams
* Regional Championships Oct.2007 Champagne, France (Titan) 16 Ring III teams
* Regional Championships Feb.2008 Ile de France (Titan) 19 Ring III teams
* Regional Championships Oct. 2008 St. Hubert du Nord (Titan and Vulcain) 32 Ring III teams
* 3 years Selectifs for the Championship of France in Group 3 (one of the strongest groups in France)
o 2007 (Titan)
o 2008 (Titan)
o 2009 (Titan and Vulcain)
* Owner/Handler “Titan De Le Plaines Des Cheyennes Ch/TR” from Ring II to Ring III -2006 and 2007 NARA Ring III Grand Champion(Undisputed), 2007 NARA Ring III Cup Champion, 2007 Highest scoring dog in NARA Selectifs , 2007 3rd place Ring III in the C.I.C. (Highest scoring dog outside of France), twice finished in the top 5 in regional Championships in France, 2007,2008, and 2009 Selected for the Championship of France in Group 3
* Owner/Handler “Uber du Calvaire Aux Acacias” Brevet to Ring III – 2008 Highest scoring American dog in NARA Selectifs, 2008 NARA Ring III Grand Champion, Domestic Grand Champion, And NARA Cup Champion ( Handled by Frankie Cowen in the Cup and Championship)
* Owner/Handler “Vulcain de Royaume d’Heracles” 2009 Selected for the Championship of France in Group 3

Owner/Handler “Boogie De Jardin Des Bambous” Brevet

This seminar is for both decoys of all experience levels and handler/dog teams of all levels.
There will also be a demonstration of a French ring on Saturday free of charge before the seminar begins.

the cost
$200 for either a decoy slot or handler slot
$75 to spectate for the weekend

Please Contact me for more info or to sign up at
seanpmccormick@gmail.com
540-514-1627

Just in case anyone here is interested. Should be a great time and very educational. I have not met Jimmy Vanhove but have heard nothing but good things about him, his patience, and his teaching style. Rick Rutt is a good guy who is very knowledgeable and who enjoys helping others and passing on the information. His dogs are very nice and it is always fun to watch them at work.

I am going to this seminar and as of now have a hotel room to myself. If anyone is interested in attending and would like to split a room please get in touch with me. I'm always out to save a little money at these things. haha.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby furever_pit » August 10th, 2010, 11:19 am

I want to add that this is a good opportunity for those who are thinking about getting involved in working dogs. Even if you are not currently training in FR or MR (or anything for that matter), your dog can be evaluated and started in the work.

The same goes for people who want to see what it is like to be in the bite suit. This is a supportive group of people who want to help others succeed in these sports and to help build these sports in America.

Heck, if someone just wants to come to spectate and take some pictures and video for me let me know. I could give you a deal on the hotel room and/or throw you some cash for helping me out.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 10th, 2010, 12:03 pm

furever_pit wrote:Heck, if someone just wants to come to spectate and take some pictures and video for me let me know. I could give you a deal on the hotel room and/or throw you some cash for helping me out.

If it wasn't the weekend of the DSO I'd take you up on that, but I'm going to be in Michigan. Sorry.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby furever_pit » August 10th, 2010, 12:48 pm

mnp13 wrote:If it wasn't the weekend of the DSO I'd take you up on that, but I'm going to be in Michigan. Sorry.

Cool! Good luck at the DSO.
I'd like to check out that event some time.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » August 10th, 2010, 3:46 pm

Well... I say skip the seminar and come to the DSO. lol
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pocketpit » August 10th, 2010, 11:22 pm

Jimmy is a really nice guy and fun to work with!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby furever_pit » August 14th, 2010, 6:21 pm

Only 3 more spots available at the seminar.

Michelle, I will make it up to DSO one year. I'd definitely like to give Dylan a shot at it. It kind of reminds me of Mondio with all the setups and the whole theme thing they have going on.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby furever_pit » September 5th, 2010, 8:20 pm

Well, the seminar is now over and I thought I would update y'all a bit.

I didn't bring either of the bulldogs with me, just the fuzzy brown one so not really any pictures to share. BUT, it was a fabulous seminar!! I got to spend two days hanging out in the suit and working some dogs and was in absolute heaven. Jimmy is a very good teacher and I would definitely go train with him again. Rick is a great handler and trainer and there is a lot to be learned from him.

If anyone has the interest or the chance, I highly recommend that you work with Jimmy and/or Rick. It was a great weekend.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Return to South East