Forming a Club in West-Central Florida.

AL, AR, FL, GA, KY , LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV

Postby Ultimatek9 » December 24th, 2006, 3:13 pm

My husband and I went to the December meeting of the Mid-Florida APBT Association. It wasn't exactly what we had expected it to be. We had quite a negative experience, as did a couple of other newbies that I had invited. Since that is the only pit bull or bully breed club within a five hour drive of us, I have decided to start my own club.

The club is called the Working APBT Club of Florida. This club is being designed specifically as a club for the APBT as well as other bully breeds. This club will cover West-Central Florida (St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo, Seminole, Tampa, Brooksville, Palmetto, Sarasota, etc.). We have not decided on a location for the meetings yet. We are trying to find a place that is within a thirty minute drive of St. Petersburg. We may have to check out a couple of location, before we settle on which one to use. We are currently looking into leasing a large enclosed area in Largo.

We are planning on holding the regular club meetings on the 2nd Saturday of each month. The first meeting is planned for Saturday February 10th at 3:00pm. The location is TBA.

I have already written the club's Constitution and By-Laws. I have also starting checking with several organizations about being able to hold sanctioned events. So far the list of events and organizations I am looking into including are:
Conformation (ADBA & AADR)
Weightpulls (ADBA, AADR, UKC, & IWPA)
Agility (UKC & AKC)
Obedience (UKC & AKC)
Protection Sport (PSA, ASR, UKC, MondioRing, French Ring, & Belgian Ring)

I would also like start holding testings for:
Therapy Dog (Project PUP & Delta Society)
Canine Good Citizen (AKC)
Temperament Test (ATTS)

All of the events and competitions would be open to all dogs of any breed or mix (as allowed by the organization sanctioning the event).

If you are interested in the club or would like a copy of the Constitution and By-Laws, please e-mail me at WorkingAPBTofFla@aol.com. If anyone has any suggestions for a meeting location, or any other suggestions please let me know.
I would like to know how many people we have interested in the club, before I invest too much more time and money into it.
Carla Ann
UWP UAGI Medwin Jaeger Von Deuce CGC TT TD SD HIC FD FDX FDCH FDCH-S FDCH-G WP3
UWP CH Lil Bit O' Hennessy CGC TT TD FD FDX FDCH WP3 TDA(3x)
CH 'PR' Diablo Bullys Patron On The Rocks CGC TT TD
Bullocks Mak'n U Green With Envy
Diablos My Time To Shine
Ultimatek9
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to South East