A Run to Save Lives

CO, ID, MT, NV, UT, WY, AK, CA, HA, OR, WA

Postby Scout » November 6th, 2007, 6:08 pm

http://www.animalfriendsrescue.org/spec ... lives.html

Ultramarathoners Saving Animals (USA) is a group of animal loving runners who have been traipsing all over the back trails of Monterey County over the past six months. Bored with mere marathons and morning runs, they decided to look for a new challenge. One morning standing on a peak, they had the splendor of the Monterey Bay before them. Inspiration struck and they decided to run from the wharf in Santa Cruz to the wharf in Monterey (45 Miles!).

The group will start from the Santa Cruz pier at 6 am on November 16 and complete its journey around the bay approximately 9 hours later.

The five runners undertaking this feat for the animals are Jim Palumbo, Dean Stouffer, Bill Shannon, Phil Curwen, and Tom Donovan.

To recognize this effort, the group is asking for your donation to Animal Friends Rescue Project to help raise funds for rescued dogs and cats.

To make your secure online donation, click here https://www.animalfriendsrescue.org/AFR ... 2SaveLives .

To make a donation by mail, please send your check to:

AFRP
A Run to Save Lives
P.O. Box 51083
Pacific Grove, CA 93950

Thank you and thanks to the Ultramarathoners Saving Animals!
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby Marinepits » November 6th, 2007, 6:15 pm

Now, THAT is a cool idea!!!

A friend of mine ran the NYC Marathon a few years ago and took donations for the ASPCA. I don't remember how much he raised, but it was a good amount.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Scout » November 7th, 2007, 4:48 pm

Now that I'm back into running, I thought about why I could never stick with the running. Well duh! It was because I wasn't running for a cause! now all the races I sign up for are fundraisers. But mind you...I ain't running no marathon...or 45 miles!! I've driven it..and it's a pain just to drive from Santa Cruz to Monterey, much less run it! lol
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby Marinepits » November 7th, 2007, 5:31 pm

:lol3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Return to West