Mama dog is desperate

Postby bustersmama » February 17th, 2006, 6:12 pm

This is Gracie. Gracies story is a long one, but PLEASE read it all, and help me try to make it a happy ending!

hello everyone.

This is a sad story, and unfortunately one we hear all to often. It has been a while since I have begged for money - but here I go again!

A poor and very pregnant Mama Pit Bull was found wandering in the street; she was very hungry on a very cold only a few days short of Christmas day.. A truck stopped and the man driving saw a kind and friendly face in that poor Mama dog. The poor dog was hoping he would take her home with him and where she would be cared for and could have her babies in a warm loving home. Well the kind man turned out to be the Animal Control Officer. He was her best friend on that cold December day. He took her into the animal shelter and fed her and gave her water. She was so happy to have a warm dry place to stay even though it was a bit noisy. All of the staff working with her loved her and she was always glad to see them; she would wag all over at just a kind word or a pat on her head.
The day came when she had her babies; she was so proud of them and she has been such a good Mom. She has 6 beautiful babies. Her babies are her pride and joy. They have been so healthy so far in a shelter atmosphere and that is because she is such a good Mom.
Miss Lisa wants Mom and her babies and there is quite a distance in between. The pups are in Tennessee and Miss Lisa is in Canada. Our Mama does soooo want to go home to Miss Lisa where her and her babies will have a good home. Mama needs help getting to Miss Lisa and that is why she is counting on help with her expenses to pay the transport fee to get to Canada and Miss Lisa.
MAMA PIT BULL AND HER BABIES REALLY DO NEED YOUR HELP.

Mama and babies are located in TN and they need to go all the way to Canada. A transport coordinators nightmare, but guess what? We HAVE a transporter, there will be only ONE wonderful man making the trip, his name is IRA. Ira is a one man team who works hard getting rescues to their new homes. Here is the letter I got back from Ira when I asked about the cost of transporting the Mama dogs...

"Greetings!

I imagine that the whole crew you are working with would fit comfortably in my largest kennel... the standard rate for that kennel is $760, but with your rescue discount it would be down to $645.

I'm planning on being out that way within the next couple weeks (possibly sooner), and I'd be happy to help out if I can.

Please feel free to call or email at any time... I do check my email as often as possible, but if you need to get in touch with me quickly, the phone is probably your best bet.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Ira Thomason
Waggin' Wheels Pet Transportation
Phone: 916.804.4915
E-Mail: Waggin.Wheels@comcast.net
http://www.wagginwheels.biz "
This gentle man has gotten a deaf dog from SC to Las Vegas without as much as a speed bump. He is a savior for those of us who cannot turn to the airlines.

If anyone could please PLEASE find it in their hearts to donate even 5 dollars for this young Mama and puppies, you would not only be saving her, but all 6 of her sweet puppies. this momma dog has been evaluated and charmed the whole staff at AC. Lets save this girl and give her a better chance at life then she has ever had.

We can accept pay pal donations or credit card donations (you do not need a pay pal account to use it). If anyone is interested, please send your donations to missyoumarilyn@aol.com via pay pal. Or if you would like to make a donation directly to her transporter, please shoot me an email and the amount you would like to donate and I will have Ira send you an invoice to pay via pay pal.

Mama sends lots of kisses and wiggles to you all!

Here is the follow up email

H
i everyone (again) lol

Here is some information on the receiving rescue. If any of you would like to investigate further, please feel free!

"Hi Sarah!

I am happy to share my rescue info with you and others...I have been doing rescue for 10 years now...our rescue is called Absolute Karma Rescue Society we are a government registered non-profit society located in Maple Ridge BC (about 40 min. out of Vancouver BC) the Vet clinic we use is West Gate Animal Hospital (also in Maple Ridge) the clinic phone number is 604-465-3676 fax number is 604-465-3696

If you need any more info please just let me know! Oh we are also on Petfinder.com.

Thank you
Lisa
Karma"

This is straight from the rescue mouth, so please if you're hesitant about the receiving rescue I encourage you to call their vet clinic or if you want, send me an email and I will forward it on along to Lisa's personal email address. I know everyone is airing on the side of caution, and it is a really warm feeling!

For all of those who asked, Ontario is not this Mama-dogs destination - that is where the ban on PB's are.

PLEASE send me any more questions or concerns you may have about anything, or if additional information is needed I would be happy to retrieve it!

Thanks for your time!

Update - All of Gracies puppies passed away at only 7 weeks old. She had the pups in a cold dark shelter and thats the only place those pups knew. Gracie is still in the shelter. Her transport has been scheduled and we were excited to finally see her on her way - until today. I just got off the phone with the shelter and found out Gracie has kennel cough. I had been calling for 3 days to make our final arrangements and this is the news. Obviously Gracie cannot travel in her condition, she could get sicker or spread KC to the others aboard the transport. Again, she will wait in this cold shelter and try to get her health back.

This is where YOU come in (or so I hope) I am looking for a temporary foster home for Gracie so she can recover and travel to a rescue where she will be safe from Euth. She has already spent a long time in the shelter and been through a great deal, please if there is someone out there who can foster her short term until she is better I will pay for all her needs, meds, etc.

She is located in TN, but a short transport could be arranged.

PLEASE feel free to crosspost. Any additional questions, please feel free to Pm me or post them. Thank You.
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby bustersmama » February 17th, 2006, 6:12 pm

OOPs, this is Graacie.

Bustersmama wrote:Here she is!!

Please help!
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Murfins » February 17th, 2006, 9:42 pm

:cry: Oh no, I've been wondering about her and whether she got up to BC. Sigh, she just can't catch a break. I hope someone in her area is able to help - thanks for not giving up on her Sarah!
Murfins
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Rescue