Rusty

Postby cheekymunkee » February 18th, 2006, 12:08 am

Is this guy adorable or what?????? I hope he gets a forever home soon, what's not to love??

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action ... mpl=&stat=

Rusty is a 60lb, one and one half year old buckskin male American Pit Bull Terrier- this sweetie is not named Rusty because of his color, but because he's "rusted and tarnished" ready to be "polished" so he can shine through.

Rusty was rescued from the streets of Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas after it had been discovered that he had been fought-he was dumped in a bad area that was known for Pit fighting, with infected/painful wounds, and an empty belly. The "rescuers" couldn't keep him, but fell in love with how sweet he was, and dedicated themselves to finding him a permanent home. Unfortunately, permanent placement was not available, but they contacted us and we were able to find a GREAT foster home for him, until his forever home comes along.

Rusty currently lives in a home with small children, and other dogs- he's proven himself a GREAT companion. He loves kids, and is very gentle with them. He also has gotten along wonderfully with the foster's other dogs- though we suggest that [if placed with other dogs] he be placed with a submissive female dog. We do prefer that Rusty be placed as the only dog, so that he can get all the attention- but with the right companion, he would be fine in a home with another dog: under NO circumstances will he be placed in a home with male dogs.

Rusty loves the "good life"...all the things he probably never had before being rescued- hugs, kisses, belly rubs, soft pillows, beds, or couches to lay on, toys, treats....the list goes on and on. He enjoys toys and treats....knuckle bones, pig ears...you name it...he loves it! Rusty has been neutered, brought current on vaccines, heartworm tested negative, kept current on heartworm prevention, fecal tested, de wormed, and microchipped.

Pit Bull Terrier (American Staffordshire Terrier) Info
Lifespan : 12 Years
Height Male : 18-19 Inches
Weight Male : 57-67 Pounds
Grooming Requirements : Low
Exercise Requirements : Medium
This breed is suited to Hot Climates
This breed is suitable as a Guard Dog
Suitable for Apartment Living
More Breed Info
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby luvmyangels » February 18th, 2006, 12:13 am

He is sooo cute!! I hope he finds his forever home.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Emi » February 18th, 2006, 12:22 am

What a face .. i hope he finds a forever home .. :heartbeat:
Emi
Full of Bully