Lupin in Portland Ore ***URGENT***

Postby Jesseca » March 29th, 2006, 2:55 pm

This is a crosspost, please contact Stephanie at Multnomah County Animal Control if you can help. This boy definatly needs NILIF :wink:
Hello all,

Ok, taking a long shot here---please share your thoughts about placing this dog—and please let us know if you can take this dog for possible rehab…

Lupin 453769-pitbull mix puppy-about 5 months old -around 37 lbs-very sick with kennel cough and put into foster care with an experienced parent-here are her notes:
Lupin was at my house for a week to get over pneumonia. When I was giving attention to another dog or animal, he shoves himself in the way. HE wants to be first to the door, first outside, first to the treats. When corrected by my adult female dog he did not back down, but decided to snarl and fight back. He did ok with the cat, no predatory response shown, or even much interest. When I brought him back to the shelter, I placed him in a kennel with his sister. His greeting was appropriate and playful, but when they were seeking attention at the fence, if she got in the way, or I talked to her and not him, him would snarl and growl at her. He did not like her jumping on him to get to the gate, or in the bed

Other assessment notes: He is the shyest of the group. Not leash trained , needs ongoing dog socialization & obedience. All pups were fighting over food, had to split them up

These are tough behaviors for a puppy his age—We are not comfortable placing him up for adoption at this time with these behaviors—Please ‘reply to all’ if you think you have a foster/placement that could take this guy on before going into an adopters home. Please also let us know if you cannot. I would also be interested in hearing your thoughts about his behavior.
stephanie.i.collingsworth@co.multnomah.or.us

[img][img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f250/jlc555/453769.jpg[/img][/img]
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Jesseca » April 4th, 2006, 2:15 pm

I was just notified he's only got about 5 days left, if anyone can help him, now is the time.
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Return to Rescue