Walk in our shoes

Postby Maryellen » April 27th, 2006, 8:47 am

A powerful reality faced by those of us who love this magnificent breed beyond words. Suffering each day along with our fellow rescuers/breed advocates and responsible owners who face the challenges of loving the most incredible, smart and loving, yet most abused breed in the history of mankind...the Pit Bull Terrier.

http://slideroll.com/show.php?s=rjfe1fp8

From our friends at Casa Del Toro Bully Breed Education and Rescue. http://casadeltoro.org/index.html
Please visit their site and support the amazing work they do every day to ease the pain, suffering and loneliness of our breed...one dog at a time.

***PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CROSSPOST***
Maryellen
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » April 27th, 2006, 1:46 pm

That was a tear jerker. Thank you for sharing.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » April 27th, 2006, 10:45 pm

:cry: Bless the bully rescuers.
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby ccc2006 » April 29th, 2006, 6:53 am

That was hard to watch, so sad :(
I've been there too - standing at the shelter and trying to decide which one...out of so many there. Wondering when is it going to end? Or at least be manageable?
Sometimes I think I will literally go "Rambo" if I have one more loser approaching me to ask if they can breed to my spayed/neutered Pit Bulls, or tell me that theirs isn't spayed/neutered because they're so "special" and they just HAVE to breed them.
And what of the future? In all 4 cities around here, I can easily run across young punks standing on street corners with their Pit Bulls heavy with towchains and padlocks around their necks, just looking for another punk to streetfight for $50. Where are these kids' parents? Do they know, do they care what their kids are doing?
And the list goes on and on. Just sickening. Sorry for the rant, this just really gets to me as I too feel the rescuers pain who wrote that clip. :(
ccc2006
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Rescue