Phenix Central PA

Postby Cult37 » March 19th, 2009, 11:12 pm

I am working at the humane society wit a pit bull named Phenix his previous owners could not spell phoenix I guess. The shelter is fairly low budget and the workers are not very pit bull experienced. He has prey drive and is defensive of his crate but is fearful of other dogs. after having worked with him for about four weeks I would say he is an ok candidate for an adult household or a house with older teenage children. He plays a little rough but is a great dog and is really smart and highly trainable. He also Does great on a leash.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displa ... d=13103164
Cult37
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » March 20th, 2009, 7:47 am

The link isn't working for me.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Cult37 » March 20th, 2009, 5:58 pm

I am sorry, The reason the link isn't working is devastating to me... I have been training this dog since the begining of February, unfortunately I had just started to crosspost him since he had finally shown progress to the point that I could trust putting my name behind him if adopted to the right family. On thursday night (last night) one of the dogs who had learned to open the runs got out and opend several runs two of which belonged to two equally sized and equally dog aggressive pitbulls. As a result three of the dogs were euthed today phenix included. It complete,y breaks my heart knowing that I spent three hours a day with him for over a month and since changing jobs have spent almost every lunch break with him during the day.
Cult37
Just Whelped

Postby BigDogBuford » March 20th, 2009, 6:03 pm

That sucks. If the kennels are like ours, they can avoid that problem in the future by using snap clips or carabiners.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby iluvk9 » March 20th, 2009, 11:16 pm

Cult37 wrote:I am sorry, The reason the link isn't working is devastating to me....

I am so sorry.... :(
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Rescue