Delton pitty puppy in need of a savior

Postby LMM » April 17th, 2009, 9:32 pm

I received an urgent email this evening. I obviously have no room so I am posting him here. He is a tiny puppy and he could definitely use a break. And some love. I will do what I can to help with transportation if anyone can step up for him :(

Now for Delton, (puppy) as we have affectionately named him (Del) Delton is where he was abandoned and found. He is a corker, spunky, affectionate and just a stitch to watch. He is vocal for attention, loves to cuddle and be cuddled, loves his toys and can be directed to chew on them and not on my rugs! He is a bit "mouthy" but I believe it is just puppy chewing but I am not allowing him to nip, or bite at clothing. He is not afraid of my big dogs, loves to play in the grass, has a very health appetite and drinks well, his energy levels are up and has had two wormings, with no sign of worms. In looking at his hind legs he looks bow-legged however, I believe it is due to him being so very thin. I think when he fills out he will look fine. He sits like a typical pit, and there is no noticed problems with his walking or running. When out in the yard he stays very close to me and I have been working with him on starts and stops. We walk, then stop, he comes to the right of me and I have been helping him with "sitting" when we stop. He is alert, when the other dogs bark his ears go up and he directs his attention to the barking, then usually settles right down when my dogs are told it is "ok". His belly is the biggest part of him but again I believe it is because he was so malnourished and thin. I can see he is already starting to fill out and put on some weight. He loves playing tug with his rope toy, and is very alert and watchful of what is going on around him.

I have had him at the office with me and when he tires, he goes to his "cat crate" and curles up and sleeps. As soon as he wakes I put him outside and he pees with very positive praise on "potty outside". He is starting to unders the word 'No" and will back off or stop his actions, unless he is really excited from playing.

At night if I feed him and play with him just before bed, he tires and sleeps alnight without any barking or crying, as long as he has a blanke or towel to snuggle in he will go right to sleep. He gets cold easily but again it is because he has NO fat on him to keep him warm. He is beginning to climb steps and does not give up on trying. He has no interest at this point in cats, but loves kids as the neighbor children have been coming over in early evening to play with him, which helps tire him out. He is a normal but skinny puppy for now.

Just look at him guys!!! :sad2:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby jnreem » April 19th, 2009, 8:19 pm

oh my goodness he is a cutie.. where is he located right now?
Jenn & Buddy
jnreem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby LMM » April 20th, 2009, 9:33 am

I'm not sure where he is now but I can find out. I know he is headed to the Rochester area as a last resort. If he ends up here before someone steps up I can help with transport. In fact I am headed to the DC/MD/VA area this week so if you know anyone who could take him, I can just bring him with me.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby jnreem » April 20th, 2009, 10:36 am

Ok, i will let you know!!
Jenn & Buddy
jnreem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Rescue