SBT seeking new digs

Postby pocketpit » June 25th, 2009, 1:46 am

I have someone who's enlisted my help in finding a new home for her 2 yr old, red, female SBT. She is not interested in posting the dog through any of the national or local breed rescue organizations so it's going to be more difficult for me to find a home for her but I said I'd give it a try.
The dog has been owned by her since puppyhood and unfortunately now that she's reached maturity no longer gets along with the other female dog in the household. Otherwise she would not be rehoming her.
I had the dog in my care for several weeks for evaluation and think she's a great sport prospect for agility or obedience. She has toy drive so she's a possible candidate for flyball but based on what I saw anyone interested in that sport would need to put a lot of work into her in order to be sucessful in that venue. She's extremely food motivated and like most SBT's, she's a quick study. However she's not had any obedience or manners instilled other than the "sit" command. She's a conformation ring drop out (her head did not develop properly but she's got a fantastic body) with drive and energy and would do best in a breed savy home, paired with male dogs or as a single dog. She's very sociable with people but could use some more environmental socialization skills. She sometimes startles in new environments but recovers almost instantly. Since she's strictly a stay at home dog, this to me signals a dog that will adapt to being out and about very quickly. She loves kids and lives with several cats. She's a rowdy energetic dog and not the snuggly, cuddle bug type at all. Any intested parties can feel free to contact me for photos or more information.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Malli » June 25th, 2009, 3:02 am

are our lives mirroring eachother? :)

hopefully her story will turn out like Indie's
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Rescue