Blue boy needs a name! (And a home, eventually!)

Postby jmashaney » September 17th, 2009, 10:39 pm

This is our new foster pup. He's an owner surrender from a family who moved to an area with BSL and mistakenly thought they could hide him. He's lived his whole life in a kennel, and has had no basic obedience, no vet care and little socialization up until this week.

He's just been neutered and vetted, and is a little traumatized at the moment. It took me ten minutes to coax him out of the car and five minutes per step up the stairs to my house. But, once we got inside, he seemed very eager to snuggle. I even got him to play (!) with a toy. I had to show him how, but he seemed to enjoy it.

He's less than a year old, but pretty laid back. When I scratch his ears and scruff, he does this snort-sigh thing that is absolutely adorable.

Name suggestions would be great! Thanks!
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby HappyChick » September 17th, 2009, 10:50 pm

If you have noticed, I have a love for Italian names. Soooo, how about Dante? It means enduring, steadfast. His good nature seems steadfast despite how he has lived so far...
Angie & crew

http://www.epitome-dog-rescue.org

My beloved Vincenzo 07/22/05 - 11/16/09 forever in my heart. Cancer sucks.
HappyChick
Loyally Bully

Postby Marinepits » September 18th, 2009, 8:12 am

He's very handsome! Good luck with the rehab -- sounds like it's going well so far. :)
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Pit♥bull » September 18th, 2009, 9:53 am

He certainly is a handsome critter :) I like the name 'Blue Boy' it's appropriate :|

How is your trade from 'hurricane alley' to 'tornado alley' going :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby jmashaney » September 18th, 2009, 5:05 pm

Pit♥Bull wrote:He certainly is a handsome critter :) I like the name 'Blue Boy' it's appropriate :|

How is your trade from 'hurricane alley' to 'tornado alley' going :)

I have to say, we have been so blessed. After one year, we've gotten solidly back on our feet. We are actually making more money in our new jobs than before, and living in a nicer house. I do miss my family and friends terribly, but I love meeting new people and building new relationships here.

Something we are anxious to do continuing to pay it forward. We were touched in so many ways after the storm, and it has inspired us to give back in any possible way, whether that be through fostering, donations, or time spent with older neighbors.

Thanks for asking!
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby jmashaney » October 1st, 2009, 8:16 pm

Well, we've named this guy Murphy, and OH, is he a handful.

He is insanely high-energy, and has the most ridiculous case of separation anxiety I've ever dealt with. On a leash, he's great, but kennel him and it's ON.

The vet says to medicate him, so I read up on the whole ACE/Xanax thread. Not sure we want to go there, so I'm thinking we'll start by finding him a job to burn off some excess energy, and then slowly move his crate further away from us until he can handle being out of sight. (Right now he barks incessantly and chews his feet if he can't see us.)

This is a new experience for us, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby kera09 » October 1st, 2009, 10:21 pm

hes a lucky boy to have you to foster him! good luck with the handsome boy!
duge, ava, lulu and martini's momma :)
kera09
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Patch O' Pits » October 2nd, 2009, 6:54 am

Cute name! patch O' luck with him!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby jnreem » October 2nd, 2009, 9:21 am

he is so handsome, love the name!
Jenn & Buddy
jnreem
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Rescue