Orie URGENTLY needs a foster home PA to WA? anywhere between

Postby Violet » January 17th, 2010, 2:41 am

Orie is a ruggedly handsome pit bull boy in need of safe landing. Through a stream of human error and being let down and bailed on, Orie has a temporary spot..but only have a few days left there. And then? we don't know.

Orie was taken as an owner surrender by a rescue in PA. He has had a TPLO for a previous blown knee (done by former owner..NOT the rescue that dropped the ball)and bears a slight limp. but it doesn't slow him down. Needs breed savvy handling and should nto be around small dogs. (and most CERTAINLY should not be left with only a baby gate to divide him when left unsupervised for many hours) He is crate trained, housebroken, knows basic commands LOVES all people. He just needs humans who won't let him down..again. And rescues and foster who won't set him up for failure. He has been totally managable with other dogs right until too many hours and too few barriers added up to disaster. And then the rescue responsible for him left him hanging too. DRAW is cooperating with Sunrays pit bull rescue in PA to find this guy safe harbo. Can't anyone offer that to him?
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby madremissy » January 17th, 2010, 10:16 am

This guy has been through so much and then to have something else let him down. I have been sending so many good thoughts and prayers for him.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Violet » January 17th, 2010, 6:26 pm

Thank you, Missy. He sure needs it. ON a serious up note..he is doing well with both cats and dogs in his current foster spot. This is not a crazy, prey drive, dog aggressive dog. Just a dog who got into trouble when left to his own devices.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » January 17th, 2010, 6:30 pm

I feel so bad for Orie. He really was set up for failure.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby amazincc » January 17th, 2010, 6:33 pm

All fingers and paws crossed for him... he looks like a very nice boy. :)

Some people are just too stupid for words and should come w/a disclaimer on their forehead. :rolleyes2:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Violet » January 17th, 2010, 9:37 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:I feel so bad for Orie. He really was set up for failure.

isn't THAT the truth. :( and came SO close to paying with his life.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 19th, 2010, 9:18 pm

Is there a full story somewhere?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Violet » January 21st, 2010, 3:56 pm

NO but I can give it to you.

Orie was taken as an owner surrender by a rescue in PA. He was then placed into a "foster" home. Which was a nice but clueless family with three small children, a female great dane, a male pomeranian and a male chihuahua. Orie was with this family for six months. When they could not get the rescue to do any follow ups with orie they finally decided they were going to just adopt him and find an appropriate home for him themselves.On Christmas Day the family was gone all day. They had someone coming to let dogs out a couple of times. Orie was left seperated from the cats and smal dogs with a baby gate. The family came home Christmas night to the pomeranian dead. They could not reach the rescue and in a moment of panic called animal control and Prie was picked up that night.

The next day, the rescue claimed there was nothing they could do to get orie out of animal control. They claimed that their animal control would not allow Orie back in their county. (interesting since Orie has not been designated a dangerous or potentially dangerous dog. This was human error..not a dangerous dog) THEN they had no paperwork to prove the dog was legally theirs. yet the foster home had never been given paperwork to prove he was THEIRS.

Through a nightmare of nearly humorous human error..Orie was simply let down completely. But since teh foster home is someoenn I happen to know.i was able to help. I contacted Sunrays rescue and Sonya has gone and gotten orie and got him into a temporary foster home. We HAD a more permanent foster that backed out completely ltierally the day Orie was pulled form the shelter. So..current plan of action is that Orie is coming here.

original rescue is still throwing her hands in the air playing the martyr and doing not a goddamn thing to help Orie.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 21st, 2010, 9:14 pm

Who is the original rescue?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Violet » January 22nd, 2010, 12:14 am

StraySave in PA
Violet
Loyally Bully

Return to Rescue