UPDATED With Good News! Ginger, Milford, CT

Postby Marinepits » July 12th, 2010, 2:44 pm

*****WARNING for disturbing content and photos*****

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_haven_ ... burned-dog

Help needed for abused & abandoned dog
Updated: Monday, 12 Jul 2010, 12:56 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 12 Jul 2010, 12:50 PM EDT

By: Rebecca Santillo
Milford, Conn. (WTNH) - Milford animal control says they need help to pay for a dog's medical costs that was found severely burned.

The two year old Staffordshire Terrier dubbed Ginger was found roaming on Colonial Avenue on July 10. Ginger recently had a litter of puppies, but police don't know where they are.

The dog was suffering from third degree burns on its neck and shoulder.

Donations to help with Ginger's medical costs can be sent to:
Milford Animal Control - c/o Ginger
664 East Broadway
Milford, CT 06460

Anyone with information about Ginger's owners should contact police at 203-874-4615.

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby LMM » July 12th, 2010, 3:19 pm

Oh gawd that poor baby :(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby PetieMarie22 » July 12th, 2010, 3:52 pm

:sad2:
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby call2arms » July 12th, 2010, 7:19 pm

That poor girl... The burns must have happened a while ago, the edges are starting to heal. We have a cat at work who sustained burns, also found on the street... Her bum, all 4 paws, some of her belly and armpits were burned. She is extremely painful, even on Gabapentin and Tramadol... I can't imagine what this poor dog is going through, the burns seem to be pretty extensive.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Marinepits » July 13th, 2010, 6:17 pm

New video with updated information on website listed above.

And from the comments section:

Michaela -- i work in the hospital where the dog is. no it is not the same guy. he burned that dog 8months ago. this dog was found wandering in milford, her burns are less than a few days old. her puppies were new born (we know this because her nipples are not all chewed up yet). Ginger is very timid especially around men, but she is extremely sweet, and over the last 3 days has built a trusting relationship with me. She will make an amazing dog for someone. Please, if you can donate even a few dollars, it will greatly help. The treatment for these burns is an ongoing effort and costly. We hope ginger will make a full recovery.

Michaela -- the burns are clearly from a liquid being dumped on her(boiling grease or water) because there are obvious splatter marks down her back and shoulders. somebody burned this dog intentionally. she is also very upset about having lost her puppies-she is very interested and maternal when she hears or sees a smaller dog crying in the hospital. this story is heartbreaking, and unfortunatly these things happen every day. over just the last 3 days, i have seen this dog grow and develop a trusting relationship with myself and a few other people. i hope she continues to fight as she has, and we will have her healthy in no time.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby call2arms » July 13th, 2010, 7:15 pm

Crazy, the cat at work who has burns (also tought to be from a liquid) looked a lot worse than that for a week after she was found... But maybe the picture isn't doing it "justice"... That's just awful.

And the puppies... I hope they're ok, and the poor mama is missing them. Horrible.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Marinepits » July 14th, 2010, 8:30 pm

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_haven_ ... ger-update

new video on website

$2K raised for burned dog, owner found

Puppies in good health

Updated: Wednesday, 14 Jul 2010, 6:55 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 14 Jul 2010, 4:07 PM EDT

By: Rebecca Santillo
Milford, Conn. (WTNH) - A badly burned dog found abandoned in Milford is recovering nicely, thanks in large part to the community's generosity.

The two year old pitbull, dubbed Ginger, was found roaming on Colonial Avenue this past weekend. She was suffering from third degree burns on her neck and shoulders and had recently given birth, though the puppies were nowhere to be found.

Following media reports, the animal control says they received over $2,000 in donations to help pay for Ginger's medical care.

Wednesday, Milford Animal Control says they were contacted by Ginger's owner and at this point they don't believe that the owner is responsible for Ginger's injuries. Ginger's puppies are also with the owner and are said to be doing fine.

Anyone with additional information regarding this investigation is asked to contact the Milford Detective Division at (203) 877-1465.

Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby iluvk9 » July 14th, 2010, 8:33 pm

I didn't expect that twist....owner found and puppies are okay. I hope the authorities find out how Ginger was abused and who did it.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Return to Rescue