Foster/Forever Home needed in AR, MO, OK

Postby amalie79 » August 8th, 2010, 10:05 pm

I just got an email from a local trainer who has a dog on her hands that needs a new home. She thinks maybe a pit mix (she does have a bit of a bully grin and rose ears), but seems to be perhaps a country mutt. :) The local shelters and rescues are all full up, and so she's trying to find a foster situation or forever home for her soon. Here's what she wrote:

Sweet Cissy needs a new home :-( She is approximately 1-1.5 yrs old, spayed, on heartworm preventative, up to date on shots, GREAT with adults, kids, strangers, and also the neighborhood dogs. She was a stray country dog my clients took in but their toy Poodle has been grumbling and growling at her since Day 1. the ...dogs have had three altercations (two before I met them, one last evening) and it is more than my clients (both seniors) feel they can handle. If interested, please email me for more information. SMART DOGS is happy to help with Basic Manners training for Cissy, she is truly a fun, happy dog!

We are located in western Arkansas, Fort Smith/Van Buren area. If any of the Arkansas, Missouri or Oklahoma folks out there know of a place where she could land for a while, please let me know. The trainer/behaviorist would like to put her in a positive reinforcement situation, and has offered her temperament assessment, consultations and assistance with basic manners.

She says she's a really wonderful girl. If Simon weren't so old, I'd take her in a heartbeat, but he's not in a position to put up with a new youngster.

"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby pitsnok » August 9th, 2010, 1:52 am

If I weren't about to start the semester from hell I would certainly consider fostering her. I will pass on the word though. We are just a few hours west of Fort Smith in the Edmond/OKC area.

Does she have a petfinder page, or a link I can post on facebook?
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amalie79 » August 9th, 2010, 9:37 am

I don't know of a Petfinder page yet, but here's a link to the Facebook album on that trainer's page:

http://www.facebook.com/SMARTDOGSDogTra ... 2345529354

Thanks for spreading the word. We were just talking about wanting to foster at some point, but our pups need a lot of our attention right now, so it's just not feasible. Add that to school starting (I work at UofA and commute), and my husband's work picking up, it wouldn't be fair to anyone.

Bummed me out, though. :(

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby pitsnok » August 9th, 2010, 4:04 pm

Thanks! I posted on facebook. Can't guarantee anything but that's the best I can do!
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby amalie79 » August 9th, 2010, 4:18 pm

Thanks!!

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » August 9th, 2010, 10:14 pm

Ah, I wish I could foster. =( If I weren't going back to school this fall I would definitely consider it.
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Return to Rescue