The Classic Car Litter need homes!

Postby madremissy » January 16th, 2011, 7:56 pm

Waiting Puppy Social pictures and don't forget my future grandson-inlaw pictures. :anyMinute: :wink3:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » January 16th, 2011, 8:02 pm

madremissy wrote:Waiting Puppy Social pictures and don't forget my future grandson-inlaw pictures. :anyMinute: :wink3:

I didn't get any pics today...we were all so busy, and my camera had to be charged! But I do have updated pics uploaded...so I'll get those up tonight!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby madremissy » January 16th, 2011, 8:23 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:
madremissy wrote:Waiting Puppy Social pictures and don't forget my future grandson-inlaw pictures. :anyMinute: :wink3:

I didn't get any pics today...we were all so busy, and my camera had to be charged! But I do have updated pics uploaded...so I'll get those up tonight!

Glad you had a great day.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby TheRedQueen » January 17th, 2011, 7:48 pm

They slept SOOOOO long last night...after such a busy day! Went to bed around 8pm, and they didn't wake me until 7:30 am. Nice!

We had some set-backs today...poor Gremlin got his head stuck in between the gate and fence today, and freaked out before i could get to him. So of course they were all rattled...hearing their brother screaming bloody murder. Then after they were all doing well, my adults all came running down the steps and trampled three puppies...scared the crap out of them...of course it was the more fearful ones anyway (they were at the bottom waiting for me). Not the most positive experiences today!

They did get some good playtime in though...and had a great time playing with Uncle Figgy. We got stacked pics today...and individual portraits.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » January 17th, 2011, 11:23 pm

TheRedQueen

Postby furever_pit » January 17th, 2011, 11:37 pm

They are a cute bunch Erin.
Gremlin and Galazie are my faves! <3 <3

You think you will have trouble finding homes? Or do pups normally go pretty quick where you are at?
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 17th, 2011, 11:40 pm

Not sure...these are the first pups I've had to find homes for. The rescue also has two other litters right now...so we're pushing these first, since they're blacks and brindles...rather than the cool "rare" colors.

TheRedQueen

Postby airwalk » January 17th, 2011, 11:47 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:Not sure...these are the first pups I've had to find homes for. The rescue also has two other litters right now...so we're pushing these first, since they're blacks and brindles...rather than the cool "rare" colors.

I keep threatening to have a dye day at the shelter and turn all the blacks and brindles into red heads and goths...would it work? :D
airwalk
I live here

Postby Jenn » January 18th, 2011, 12:28 am

Man are they cute..... :heartbeat:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby amalie79 » January 18th, 2011, 11:53 am

Are brindles slow to be adopted, too? I'd heard that black dogs are typically the last to go, which is honestly the first reason I paid attention to River when we were looking to adopt; seemed like such a stupid reason to overlook a dog, and while she has her problems (ahem, non-stop bratty barking for more treats in her treat ball), she's such an amazing, bomb-proof pup. And she was pulled from the shelter by her foster momma on her D-Day. :(

But I'd never heard that about brindles. They're honestly my favorite!

So, of course, seeing that Gremlin is actually a light brindle, and knowing he might be a hard sell, is doing absolutely NOTHING for this terrible case of puppy fever... Adam's not very good at abating it, so I keep threatening to come down with baby fever instead! lol
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 19th, 2011, 9:57 pm

Shelby has an application...from a former adopter, so we know that they're good people! Yea!

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » January 20th, 2011, 3:52 am

*like!*
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby furever_pit » January 20th, 2011, 4:39 pm

I can't get over the coloring of that Galaxie pup. She looks a lot like this RB female that a buddy of mine got a little over a year ago.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 20th, 2011, 8:09 pm

furever_pit wrote:I can't get over the coloring of that Galaxie pup. She looks a lot like this RB female that a buddy of mine got a little over a year ago.

It's actually a pretty common mismark in labs, which is likely the father (or the lab-pit mix)...so it's not entirely surprising, but is VERY cute! lol She's also a really nice girl, to add to her appeal!

for those that are interested in black and tan brindle labs:
http://dogblog.8pawsup.com/2009/02/what ... -labs.html

http://labradornet.com/brindletanpoint.html

TheRedQueen

Postby furever_pit » January 20th, 2011, 8:16 pm

Huh. Interesting.
I saw several of the yellow labs with the darker points on their ears in FL, but never one like Galaxie.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 20th, 2011, 8:42 pm

furever_pit wrote:Huh. Interesting.
I saw several of the yellow labs with the darker points on their ears in FL, but never one like Galaxie.

I knew a black tan brindle years ago, online...but I've not seen one in person...I'd like labs more
if they weren't solid...;)

TheRedQueen

Postby furever_pit » January 20th, 2011, 9:35 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I knew a black tan brindle years ago, online...but I've not seen one in person...I'd like labs more
if they weren't solid...;)

I'm not big on solid dogs either. I like variation.
I am a SUCKER for tri-colored dogs. They make me swoon.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 21st, 2011, 6:42 am

THEY HAVE GROWN ALREADY!!!! :shock:

Really, Erin...this is amazing what you already have there and now these chubbas.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » January 21st, 2011, 9:02 am

iluvk9 wrote:THEY HAVE GROWN ALREADY!!!! :shock:

Really, Erin...this is amazing what you already have there and now these chubbas.

I almost dropped Charger this morning, I scooped him up with one hand, while holding another puppy with my left hand. Charger was so heavy, I almost dropped him! He was one of the biggest ones at the vet visit (9 lbs) so I'm guessing he's at least 11 now...a very wiggly 11 lbs. lol I don't carry him and Hudson at the same time...they're HUGE. Dart, Shelby and Falcon are still on the small side.

TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » January 21st, 2011, 9:09 am

"Multi-tasking with puppies". Love it. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue