Help in NC

Postby furever_pit » January 28th, 2011, 12:33 am

Can someone point me in the direction of a good Pit Bull rescue in NC? I can look it up, but I'm not really sure what groups are reputable and after some of the stories I have heard/read about rescue groups I am somewhat hesitant. I don't want to end up putting these puppies in a worse situation than the one they are in.

I have been contacted by a friend of a friend of someone who knows my Dad because their female Pit Bull had an accidental litter of pups on 1/5. I think the Dad is their Lab. They know already they should have had the female fixed and they do want to get her spayed. I will talk to them about the Lab. Anyway, there are 12 puppies that need to be fixed and placed in homes.

I'm going to go see the dogs and make sure they are being taken care of properly next week. While fosters would be nice, I'm not sure it is necessary at this point. Mostly I would like a reputable organization to help with the screening process (and they can keep all the adoption fees as far as I am concerned) and to maybe help us get the puppies fixed for a reduced rate.

Thanks for the help. I'll post pics when I go to check out the dogs.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Return to Rescue