Vibrating Collars

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby maberi » August 3rd, 2010, 8:41 am

Anyone have experience with one? Can you suggest a specific brand?
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby mnp13 » August 3rd, 2010, 9:29 am

Our Dogtra e-collars have a vibrate button on them. We've been very happy with the collars and they have great range and have been very reliable.

Funny story about the vibrate feature - Riggs would rather get shocked until his ears smoke then have me use the vibrate button. How do I know this? Shock him, he might yelp, then he recovers no big deal. Hit the vibrate button and total avoidance, won't come near me. I've tried clicking, I've tried desensitizing, I've tried a bunch of different things. Hit that pager button and he acts like I'm the meanest mommy in the whole wide world. He doesn't get mad, he gets giant puppy dog eyes and all upset and slinks away... if it wasn't so pathetic, it would be hysterical. Ok, I lie. It is hysterical. bust a gut laughing hysterical.

Oh, and I don't shock my dog until he yelps either. :wink: (that makes me cry)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » August 3rd, 2010, 1:02 pm

Thanks for the info Michelle

I'm trying to find a vibration only collar for grabbing attention and recall work when the dog can't hear me. Since it is for a foster, I want to find something that I can send along with her when she is ready for adoption and I would rather not let the new owners have the option of upping the stimulation

I think I found one made by Unleashed Technology that is waterproof, has a 1/2 mile range and offers 15 vibration levels
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby furever_pit » August 4th, 2010, 6:57 pm

I am a big fan of Dogtra collars as well.

My trainer and I were just talking the other day about how some dogs just cannot take the vibration but they do fine with the stimulation. I have only observed it on one Schipperke (or however you spell that).
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Return to Training & Behavior