DEBATE: Dog Aggression

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby airwalk » December 1st, 2010, 2:54 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:
mnp13 wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:I do see what you're saying, Michelle...I really do. My problem with this type of thing, is that working with rescues and breed dogs...I just see so many horrendous temperaments and aggression issues (DA and HA)...and I just don't see "family pets" much anymore. My own personal theory is that the lack of easy-going dogs at shelters and at breeders is why people are turning to these lazy, idiotic doodles so much nowadays...because doodle breeders breed for temperament above all else (with no regard for health, structure, etc).

Well, the "easy" dogs are the ones likely staying in their homes :|

and I agree with the rest. :)

Right...and to take this further off-topic...lol...this is why I don't fall into line with the whole no-kill idea. If the good dogs are in homes already, the rescues and shelters should take a harder look at what they have in their hands. If the dogs aren't adoptable by a normal family (one willing to put some time/energy/training into the dog) that just wants a pet...then that dog should be euth'd. I'm just getting tired of rescues trying to save EVERY dog. :neutral:

Amen sista! However, if we do that, we are subject to having the crap pounded out of us, because we aren't "saving" them all.
airwalk
I live here

Postby call2arms » December 2nd, 2010, 12:07 am

I wasn't implying at all that hunting is a test of gameness, just that it's a totally different type of "attack" (as in, physical contact). Again, I'm not sure that there's any prey drive in dog fighting as a "sport", my point was that the other dog isn't running away. He wants to fight. The hog isn't going to come look for your dog.

That's not what I meant by "eat". The crazy cats at work want to eat me, too. And they're not consuming my flesh.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby mnp13 » December 2nd, 2010, 12:35 am

airwalk wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:Right...and to take this further off-topic...lol...this is why I don't fall into line with the whole no-kill idea. If the good dogs are in homes already, the rescues and shelters should take a harder look at what they have in their hands. If the dogs aren't adoptable by a normal family (one willing to put some time/energy/training into the dog) that just wants a pet...then that dog should be euth'd. I'm just getting tired of rescues trying to save EVERY dog. :neutral:

Amen sista! However, if we do that, we are subject to having the crap pounded out of us, because we aren't "saving" them all.

I'm with you... both the "save them all" and the "milk them for all they're worth" crowds make me nuts.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Previous

Return to Training & Behavior