Hi-Sadly I am here for the cancer section

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby mpetva » January 27th, 2010, 2:39 am

Hi,
My name is Karen and my boy (6yr old PB mix) was just diagnosed with Nasal Adenocarcinoma.

It came totally out of the blue and I am trying to research as much as possible and your cancer section was recommended to me.. We are starting tradiation and chemo tomorrow and hope to get at least 12-15 more good months with him.

We are located in Virginia and I have fostered many a PB pups until a few yrs ago

Thank you,
Karen

PS: Please approve quickly so I can search the cancer section here. MY boy does not have a lot of time to lose and it is killing me.
mpetva
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » January 27th, 2010, 6:45 am

Hello, Karen. :dance: I am glad you are here, but sad for your dogs diagnosis. You have just made hundreds of new friends on Pit Bull Talk, and we are here for you. :hug3:

While you wait for approval, search the cancer section and the nutrition section.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ArtGypsy » January 27th, 2010, 7:47 am

Welcome, Karen............
I'm so so sorry to hear of this .............Joyce is right. You've come to the right place.

As soon as one of the mods come along and approve you to post, Hang Tight....
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 27th, 2010, 7:49 am

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Pit♥bull » January 27th, 2010, 9:31 am

Welcome to PBT :wave2:
So sorry to hear about the 'diagnoses' :(

Sending you Lots of :goodthoughts: :goodthoughts:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Marinepits » January 27th, 2010, 9:33 am

Welcome to the forum. Please feel free to browse the cancer section and ask whatever you wish -- we'll help you however we can.
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TheRedQueen » January 27th, 2010, 10:16 am

Hi Karen...I'm so sorry to hear about your boy :( , but I am glad you found us here. Hopefully you'll find lots of good advice and make lots of new friends along the way. :hug3:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TinaMartin » January 27th, 2010, 10:27 am

Glad you found us but sad for the reason. Post and ask questions those who know the answers will be happy to answer you and the rest of us will be here for the moral support.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Suzi » January 27th, 2010, 11:51 am

Welcome to PBT.......

I am sorry to hear of your boys diagnosis *Huge Hug*.
You truely have landed in a warm,,,,and supportive place.
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Jenn » January 27th, 2010, 1:25 pm

Hello and welcome, I'm sorry about his diagnosis. :(
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby hugapitbull » January 27th, 2010, 2:04 pm

Welcome Karen. There are lots of great folks here, many who have been on the cancer journey. You will find lots of support and comfort here.

Good thoughts for you as you begin the cancer journey.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby CinderDee » January 27th, 2010, 2:19 pm

Hi Karen,

I'm very sorry to hear about your boy. :( This is a wonderfully supportive group of people and there's a lot of very useful info in the cancer section.

If you feel up to it you can start a thread about your boy. You are both part of our family now and I think it really helps to discuss things like nutrition, chemo, side effects, etc. You never know what pearls of wisdom may come your way. :)

Hang in there! We're all here for you if you need us. :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Brownies Mom » January 27th, 2010, 10:22 pm

Hi Karen, welcome to Pit Bull Talk! I'm sorry to hear about the cancer diagnosis. :sad2: It is such a devastating blow to receive this kind of news. When you need to talk, we are here. Please ask questions, or just tell us how you're feeling or what you're dealing with, and we will try to help by sharing our love, knowledge and experience.

Suzanne's dog, Sofie, has sinonasal carcinoma - is that the same thing? You may want to check out her threads to see if there is anything helpful there.

Please give your boy a big hug for me. Glad you are here.
Marianne
- A-Jay (APBT)
- Remy (English Setter mix)
Brownies Mom
Just Whelped

Postby mpetva » January 28th, 2010, 2:14 am

Thank you so much to everyone for the warm welcome.

My sweet boy had his first treatment this afternoon, Radiation and of reg dose Chemo,and he is already acting very depressed and different. Not at all my normally happy, bouncy boy. He did not even act this down after his surgery to remove part of the tumor behind his eye 2 wks ago.

I am so, so terrified and scared that it literally takes my breath away. God help me....I am not sure I can get through this and he so needs me to be brave.....

He is such a great, sweet dog and for sure does not deserve this...I wished I could take this whole ordeal upon myself instead of seeing this innocent sould suffer so.
mpetva
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » January 28th, 2010, 7:02 am

mpetva wrote:I am so, so terrified and scared that it literally takes my breath away. God help me....I am not sure I can get through this and he so needs me to be brave.....

:hug3: Karen, you CAN get through this. Keep saying this, 1,000 times a day: "I intend to be calm and strong as I know I am making the right choice for my dog." It will give you strength at those moments you think you may lose it.

Then, start visualizing the result you want. SEE him getting through each treatment. SEE the cancer leaving his body. SEE him 5 years from now, happy and healthy.

YOU CAN DO THIS! :bananaDance: Get mad at cancer and fight like hell!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » January 28th, 2010, 6:32 pm

mpetva wrote:Thank you so much to everyone for the warm welcome.

My sweet boy had his first treatment this afternoon, Radiation and of reg dose Chemo,and he is already acting very depressed and different. Not at all my normally happy, bouncy boy. He did not even act this down after his surgery to remove part of the tumor behind his eye 2 wks ago.

Hi, Karen... welcome to PBT! :wave2:

Several us have dealt - and are dealing - with chemo therapy, and all that entails.

You might want to start a thread in the cancer section to get some info and feedback on how it affects each individual dog... and to realize that you're not alone in your struggles.
I CAN tell you that depression for 1-2 days after chemo is fairly "normal", as is loss of appetite, increased lethargy, sleeping more than usual, decreased interest in regular activities... just to name a few.

Don't lose heart... your boy needs you. :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Patch O' Pits » February 1st, 2010, 8:07 am

Welcome to you both! :wave2:

I'm so very sorry that you are going through this.

Try and stay strong for him.

Hugs and prayers!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Introductions