Hi from PA

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby jmb06 » January 19th, 2006, 10:23 am

I'm Jessica, owned by Patches, 3 year old spayed female APBT mix, and partially owned by Oreo, 5 year old female spayed AmStaff/Lab mix. I also have 2 children-my son is 8 years old and my daughter is 5 months old. Hubby and I have been together for 11 years.

Oreo is my first experience with the breed, and has taken me on quite an adventure with many ups and downs since we adopted her at 6 weeks of age. We were told she was a Lab mix (which is why we hd such a difficult time...we didn't understand how differently Pits/Pit mixes should be trained). She had become totally dog aggessive sometime around her 3rd birthday. Now her vision is deteriorating and after a close call with her nearly biting my son (he startled her unintentionally) my mother-in-law now has her...she lives about 7 houses away. We have also discovered that the baby's crying really bothers her to the point that she displays aggression signals, and I do not feel comfortable having her around children. She is a very high maintenance dog who needs strict management, and is able to get that along with being the only dog with my MIL. This is basically the only option she has left, as she is 100% unadoptable.

Patches is the complete opposite of Oreo. She is selectively dog aggressive; she does not like dogs that are "overwhelming" or pushy. She seems to be more reaxed around the baby than anyone else-I still don't take that for granted. My dogs are never around children and/or visitors unless I am right there-literally. We adopted her at 8 weeks of age. If I can figure out how to attach a picture to the posts, I would love to share pics of them.

Even though Oreo has really tested me in every sense of dog ownership, I will say that I have no regrets whatsoever about becoming a Pittie owner. I will always have at least 1 Pittie in my house :)

At the time I am a stay at home mom for the most part. I was working as a computer repair tech on my own, which I will return to doing in the summer (we have cold winters here in PA and I don't want to take the baby out any more than I have to)

I spend some of my free time writing anti-BSL letters (we don't have BSL here...instead the city council used their common sense and implemented a dangerous dog ordinance that applies to every dog out there-it actually makes sense AND works!), tryng to teach Patches some new games (we get bored in the winter LOL), and doing small home improvements.

I look forward to joining other responsible pit bull owners :)
jmb06
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » January 19th, 2006, 10:41 am

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » January 19th, 2006, 10:55 am

Hi!! Welcome to the board!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » January 19th, 2006, 11:05 am

howdy and welcome to the board!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pitbullpride » January 19th, 2006, 11:07 am

Hi! Welcome to the board!
pitbullpride
Just Whelped

Postby CinderDee » January 19th, 2006, 1:38 pm

Welcome to the board! :D
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby jmb06 » January 19th, 2006, 3:01 pm

Thanks everyone for the welcome :)
jmb06
Just Whelped

Postby annieinpa » January 19th, 2006, 5:44 pm

Hello and Welcome :)
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Purple » January 19th, 2006, 8:32 pm

Hello and Welcome!
Purple
I live here

Postby Romanwild » January 19th, 2006, 10:07 pm

Welcome to the party! 8)
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » January 19th, 2006, 10:46 pm

Hello
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby turtle » January 20th, 2006, 1:08 am

Hi! Welcome!
turtle
Loyally Bully

Return to Introductions