New

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby loudog » March 10th, 2011, 9:13 pm

Hi all,

My dog was diagnosed with sinonasal carcinoma cancer today, and I stumbled across this forum while doing some research. While my dog is far from a pit bull (he's a Boston Terrier/Chihuahua cross), his best friend is a pit, and a then-puppy I adopted a few years into college, that I eventually gave to my dad (long story, but I adopted her to save her from a potentially bad situation, and then broke my foot and was on crutches and couldn't take care of a dog and a puppy). So I'm very familiar (and love) the breed.

I'll be posting a thread about my dog's situation with his cancer, but thought I should introduce myself first.

I'm a 23-year-old college grad living in Washington state, near Portland, OR. Louie is my dog. He's a six-year-old Boston/Chihuahua mutt that was rescued from a puppy mill as a puppy. I adopted him from a woman wanting to start a pit bull rescue when he was 2, and I've had him ever since.

Below is my dog, Louie, and my dad's dog, Jersey:

(Louie and his "brother," a kitten I adopted because I was a failed foster mom)

(I wonder where I went to school...)

So it's nice to meet you all, I'm sorry it had to be on such bad terms, but I look forward to talking to you guys!
loudog
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 10th, 2011, 9:26 pm

So sorry to hear about Louie - I know you'll find a lot of support and help from our members.

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » March 10th, 2011, 10:52 pm

Welcome! Wish it was better circumstances but glad you're here. PRECIOUS photos! :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby ArtGypsy » March 10th, 2011, 11:49 pm

:wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: :wave2:

SO GLAD You found Us!!

Welcome.................... :D :D :D :D
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » March 10th, 2011, 11:53 pm

Welcome to the forum. What a little doll you have there! Thanks for sharing the photos.
I'm sad to hear of your unfortunate news today. I assure you, this is a very supportive community. Everyone here was so helpful to me when dealing with my girl's struggle with cancer.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby iluvk9 » March 11th, 2011, 6:40 am

Welcome to PBT. :wave2: Louie is a darling little guy! My heart goes out to you...but you just made A LOT of new friends, and we are here for you.

I had a Black Lab named Louie.

Joyce
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » March 11th, 2011, 9:12 am

What a cutie...glad you found us...despite the bad circumstances. You're among friends now...welcome!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TinaMartin » March 11th, 2011, 10:04 am

Welcome. Sorry you found us under sad circumstances. Lots of info and support here!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Pit♥bull » March 25th, 2011, 4:09 am

Lots of :goodthoughts: headed your way for Louie. :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby shady-angel » July 16th, 2011, 12:37 am

hello and welcome :wave2: sorry to hear about Louie, but LOL that cat is holding on for dear life! :D
Angie.
shady-angel
Kiwi

Return to Introductions