Frostbite 2006!

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Chris Fraize » February 17th, 2006, 10:13 pm

We are just over a week away from the 2006 FROSTBITE! The weather here in Maine has been WILD this winter. 55 degrees one day and then a blizzard the next. Yesterday it was in the 50’s and clam. Today we have 60 mph winds and the temperature is dropping like a stone! Tonight’s low is predicted to be 11 degrees. Who knows what the weather will be like next weekend!?!

I have gotten a bunch of emails saying that the FROSTBITE looks easy. The novice level is designed to act as a training aid. Nothing too serious, just a few basic excercises. The winning team will be the one that does it the best! This level gives the rookies a chance to get their feet wet. It is a true novice (dog) so no dogs titled in bite work (includes brevet) can compete.

The intermediate level gets harder, more decoy, environmental and scenario pressures pressure on the handler (I love to put pressure on the handler!).

Then… I get to be EVIL! The Advanced is “sequestered” and S.P.I.E.D. The environmental pressure is INTENSE and the decoy pressure is as good as it gets!

Last year we had a great event. Folks from many different disciplines got together in the training building and talked and showed their different sports to and we had an impromptu cross training seminar of sorts. It was really nice to see everyone getting along so well.

This years judges Nelson Rodriguez and Keith O’Sullivan have not been here before. We know they will do a great job bringing their perspectives to the FROSTBITE this year! I look forward to meeting them both!

So bring your winter coat, boots and maybe even a tank top. Who knows what the weather will be like this year???? But as the Kilcommons family says “Sun, rain, sleet or snow this show is gonna go!

Take a peek at the Ice Trophies on the "Trophies" page!!

Hope to see you there!

Safe training,
Chris Fraize
Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » February 17th, 2006, 11:58 pm

Yesterday it was in the 50’s and clam. Today we have 60 mph winds and the temperature is dropping like a stone! Tonight’s low is predicted to be 11 degrees. Who knows what the weather will be like next weekend!?

Sounds like Texas! Yesterday it was 85 at 2 in the afternoon & by 10 it was in the 30's. Best of luck with your event & I hope it is a huge success!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » February 18th, 2006, 1:52 am

Chris, we are definately going to make the trip next year!

Is your advanced set up like the Iron Dog? Kim Thorpe was in town in December and she told us about the Iron dog she did with Annabelle. It was crazy!!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Romanwild » February 18th, 2006, 8:38 am

Good luck with your event Chris!

Bring us back a lot of pics!
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Chris Fraize » February 18th, 2006, 11:34 am

Thanks all,

The advanced is "a bit hectic" lol. It is sequestered and S.P.I.E.D. Which means the competitors don't get to see the scenarios until they are in them. S.P.I.D.E. means the are given a goal to accomplish NOT told what will happen and what to do. They are judged on how they handle the scenario and the level of thier training.

We always have folks from the pattern sports that go crazy and don’t really understand what is going on(as often it looks like training in a blender!) They keep forgetting that the dog and handler are seeing these ADVANCED scenarios for the first time. The protection and obedience now looks more like the real time “coaching” at an agility trial than the robot like pattern of Schutzhund or Ringsports. (Before the emails and posts start coming, Schutzhund and Ringsport are great! Just different.)

I haven’t seen the IRON DOG but it sounds like fun!

Again, we look forward to meeting your group this summer! We have The SWAMP STOMP in May and the M.A.D. Summer Challenge in August. Then (My favorite) The NITE BITE in October!

Canine Solutions Training Services and the Maine Association of Dogsports (M.A.D.) will be hosting the W.P.B.T.C.A. (Working Pit Bull Club of America) National Championships. (AWDF recognized club.) in September of 2006.
Weight pull, Conformation, Obedience and Protection. I will post more on this event later!

Best of luck at your seminar! If you are looking for something dog related to do next weekend, either way N.Y. or Maine you should have fun!

Safe training,
Chris Fraize
Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Purple » February 19th, 2006, 9:05 pm

Please, post pictures!
Purple
I live here

Postby Karen » February 20th, 2006, 8:43 am

Who is doing the photography Chris?
Karen, Cuddles, Dilly the Understudy, and Rowdy the Ruckus Raiser
Karen
Confident Young Bully

Postby Chris Fraize » February 20th, 2006, 12:23 pm

Hello Karen,

We do all our own photography and videography work.

Check out some of our movies.....

http://www.k9sts.com/movielinks/

Safe training,
Chris Fraize
Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » February 23rd, 2006, 4:38 pm

Ok, barring finding out my car is a hazard to drive 900 miles when I bring it in for service tomorrow, we're going.

I know all of you will miss me terribly if I'm not online for 4 days, but try to get over it. :wink:

Be prepared for 9,000 pictures when we return, and maybe before then if I have the energy to do them while I'm there. From my conversations with Chris I'm not thinking we'll be having much down time between Saturday and Tuesday though.

We're excited about going!

Michelle
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Romanwild » February 23rd, 2006, 4:58 pm

I wish I could go too!

Have fun you guys and don't forget your PBT biz cards!

:D
Romanwild
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 23rd, 2006, 5:36 pm

Romanwild wrote:I wish I could go too!

Have fun you guys and don't forget your PBT biz cards!

:D

Well if someone hadn't made other plans then someone could come with us. But someone would rather go watch half naked, sweaty guys pummel each other. Too bad for someone. Someone is missing out.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » February 23rd, 2006, 5:42 pm

Did someone mention sweaty half naked guys???? Where? Why wasn't I invited???

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Big_Ant » February 23rd, 2006, 5:54 pm

Charles? Half Naked, Sweaty Guys????

Charles, if the next three letters out of your mouth aren't UFC or MMA, I'm revoking your man card!!!

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Maryellen » February 23rd, 2006, 5:59 pm

im in for the half naked sweaty guys....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Romanwild » February 24th, 2006, 12:25 am

Big_Ant wrote:Charles? Half Naked, Sweaty Guys????

Charles, if the next three letters out of your mouth aren't UFC or MMA, I'm revoking your man card!!!

- Anthony

So you're saying boxing isn't manly enough for you? :box:

I love mma too! One of my fighters has UFC aspirations. He's a wrestler with great submissions. I taught him how to strike. :D He's going to Royce Gracies school in Tampa for a month. :rock:

I'm watching UFC on Spike right now. :thumbsup:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 24th, 2006, 11:19 am

mnp13 wrote:Ok, barring finding out my car is a hazard to drive 900 miles when I bring it in for service tomorrow, we're going.

The car "only" needs a new wheel bearing, and they promised me it would not self destruct this weekend. So off we go!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » February 24th, 2006, 11:40 am

Woohoo! Have fun!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Romanwild » February 24th, 2006, 11:45 am

Seeya! :wave:
Romanwild
I live here

Postby mnp13 » February 24th, 2006, 11:49 am

Yeah... it'll be fun...

Chris already asked me if I would like to catch any dogs. Yeah, just what I wanted to experience - snow down the back of a bite suit.

But four straight days of dog training/trialing sounds great to me!!!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby DemoDick » February 24th, 2006, 3:06 pm

I'm 90% sure that I'll enter Connor in the Novice categoy. I'd like to try Intermediate but I have no time to prepare. This will be a totally seat of the pants thing, as I've not prepared for any of it and Connor has never done obedience or bitework on just a flat collar. Wish me luck.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Next

Return to Sports