Splint Boots

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby mnp13 » January 22nd, 2008, 1:19 pm

I know that they are used in Fly Ball, and I really need a set for Riggs. He has done some serious damage to the little pads on his front legs playing fetch and things are not happy in the house right now. We haven't actually ended up with that injury at Fly Ball practice, but I definately need them for play time.

Any ideas where I can get a good pair that will hold up to play time? Tennis courts are like giant emory boards so I know they won't last indefinately, but I'd rather wear out 5 pair of boots than deal with this one more time.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » January 22nd, 2008, 1:34 pm

I'm assuming we're talking about the same thing...we call them skid boots around here. A firm boot (without the foot part) that wraps around the stop pad?

These are the ones I used to use for Ripley...I got them from a friend whose dog detested anything on his feet, and wouldn't play with them on. So I inherited them...and used them for Ripley a little big. He would tear up the back of his big main pad while playing flyball...the boots were much easier than vet wrapping every race. ;)

http://webpages.charter.net/dhfm/ZControl.html

They hold up well, unless you :oops: forget to take them off after a flyball run and leave them on a dog who likes to chew things off their feet.

I still have Rip's old pair...I just keep them around in case of accident. They do form to the dog's feet...so I can't use them for any long period of time with the others...but I just keep them in case of injury.

Here is a site for DIY skid boots. :)

http://www.flyballequip.com/skidbootplans.htm
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Marinepits » January 22nd, 2008, 2:12 pm

OMG, I had NO idea that these things existed!!! :shock:

Thank you so much for posting those links -- I desperately need to get some for Shorty and Tucker!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » January 22nd, 2008, 3:02 pm

ahhh.. that would be why I wasn't having much luck finding them!

If he'll let me, I'll take a picture of this weekend's damage, but he isn't all that tolerant of me touching them.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pocketpit » January 22nd, 2008, 5:46 pm

Z boots is where many of our local flyballer's order their boots from and everyone seems very happy with them.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Ultimatek9 » January 22nd, 2008, 6:46 pm

Jaeger has a set of the Z-max skid boots made by Z-control. The Z-max are triple thick neoprene with leather on the skid part. He was wearing his front boots in the video of this weekend's tournament that I posted.
Here are a couple of pics, if that helps you out.

All four boots.

Front boots.

Back boots.
Carla Ann
UWP UAGI Medwin Jaeger Von Deuce CGC TT TD SD HIC FD FDX FDCH FDCH-S FDCH-G WP3
UWP CH Lil Bit O' Hennessy CGC TT TD FD FDX FDCH WP3 TDA(3x)
CH 'PR' Diablo Bullys Patron On The Rocks CGC TT TD
Bullocks Mak'n U Green With Envy
Diablos My Time To Shine
Ultimatek9
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby TheRedQueen » January 22nd, 2008, 7:10 pm

I know someone who runs a crazy JRT down here in our region that resorted to Muttluks for running flyball...since the Z boots didn't provide enough coverage for him. He took a while getting used to them, but they seem to stay in place well when he's running.

Just another thought...though I personally would go with the Z boots first.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » August 25th, 2008, 4:56 am

So Michelle, Jenifer, did they work on your dogs?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » August 25th, 2008, 7:25 am

I haven't gotten any yet, LOL. :oops:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » August 25th, 2008, 2:27 pm

tsk tsk :nono:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » August 25th, 2008, 2:36 pm

:lol3: Well, ya know, life sometimes gets in the way. :wink:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Malli » August 25th, 2008, 2:37 pm

OH :rolleyes2:
E-I-E-I-O!

Return to Sports