PP

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 31st, 2006, 9:05 am

I don't want to have another debate about whether PP is appropriate for bully's or not here. I would just like to find out how I can find a good PP trainer in my area. Also, how likely is it that a rescue dog would be good at PP? All of you who do it have purebreds with long and fancy names and titles. I'd love to get into with my Inara, but she was born at a shelter out of a bitch being used to breed fighters. She's not at all aggressive (not yet, at least?). I'm just really interested in learning more. And I want to do PP, not schutzhund. Thanks for any and all help.
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » March 31st, 2006, 9:52 am

Hi Liz,

Unfortunately 'good' is very subjective. :wink:

And, yes, you can do protection work with a rescue. Connor is a rescue and has no problem. If you don't have someone to evaluate the dog before you get it, you will be working 'backwards' and you'll need to find out if your dog has the right temperament to do the work.

I wish you were closer to us, but I can understand not wanting to drive 4 hours each way for training!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 31st, 2006, 10:47 am

How do you evaluate if they have the right temperament? As far as I know, right now she just has a "puppy" temperament. :| Actually, if you guys are qualified to evaluate her, I'd be willing to make a weekend trip up there. That way I'd at least know if this was a feasible path for me to attempt to go down. Just a thought!
I'm having enough trouble finding a regular obedience trainer in this area, I can't imagine trying to find a PP one is going to be easy.
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Return to Sports