This dog is having fun!

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby TheRedQueen » May 19th, 2008, 7:10 pm

"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amazincc » May 19th, 2008, 7:15 pm

NICE job, Leon! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 19th, 2008, 7:25 pm

Well done, Leon! :rock:

I'm shocked (no pun intended) that that guy was able to withstand so many tasers. I've never been tased, and am appreciative of that fact, but I've heard that it takes you down instantly.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » May 19th, 2008, 7:50 pm

:shock:

Good Job Leon. :clap: :clap: :clap:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby DemoDick » May 19th, 2008, 9:41 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Well done, Leon! :rock:

I'm shocked (no pun intended) that that guy was able to withstand so many tasers. I've never been tased, and am appreciative of that fact, but I've heard that it takes you down instantly.

There's no way they got a good probe deployment on him. If one probe misses the circuit isn't completed.

There were some really funny reactions to a portion of this video that got posted on a few bandog boards. A few people were claiming that the suspect successfully fought the dog and that if they would have used a bandog he never would have had a chance. Of course they didn't see the end of the clip.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby madremissy » May 19th, 2008, 10:06 pm

Dumb question?? What is a bandog.
madremissy

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 19th, 2008, 10:06 pm

I believe it's a pit/mastiff mix.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » May 19th, 2008, 10:12 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I believe it's a pit/mastiff mix.

Thanks Liz
madremissy

Postby Malli » May 20th, 2008, 5:04 am

What a good boy, awesome spirit :)

I love how he was in there with everyone else in the end taking that guy down, all you can see is his bum and tail.

I get the impression that is quite common for the "bad guy" to fight back with the police k9, I know one local dog who was in the papers for an incident with a "bad guy", also saw him a month or 2 ago when another "bad guy" pounded on him again :( He came in for some pain control as he was understandably a little sore, but still in good spirits.
I think it speaks loads for a dog's temperment when they can do this job and still be trusting of people (as this particular police K9 that I know is)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby DemoDick » May 20th, 2008, 8:19 pm

I think it speaks loads for a dog's temperment when they can do this job and still be trusting of people

Trust has nothing to do with it. These dogs like the combat, in fact they live for it.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
DemoDick

Postby maberi » May 20th, 2008, 8:30 pm

Wow, that is pretty impressive to see a 70 pound dog take down a 300 lb (just guessing) man like that. That guy put up a pretty dam good fight too, and to see him retreat into his car like that gave me a chuckle
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby DemoDick » May 20th, 2008, 10:19 pm

maberi wrote:Wow, that is pretty impressive to see a 70 pound dog take down a 300 lb (just guessing) man like that. That guy put up a pretty dam good fight too, and to see him retreat into his car like that gave me a chuckle

I think it was more like a 40-50 pound dog. Rumor is that he either lost his arm, or lost most use of it in prison as a result of the bite.

Demo Dick
DemoDick

Postby TheRedQueen » May 20th, 2008, 10:27 pm

DemoDick wrote:
maberi wrote:Wow, that is pretty impressive to see a 70 pound dog take down a 300 lb (just guessing) man like that. That guy put up a pretty dam good fight too, and to see him retreat into his car like that gave me a chuckle

I think it was more like a 40-50 pound dog. Rumor is that he either lost his arm, or lost most use of it in prison as a result of the bite.

Demo Dick

:giggle:

Oh wait, I shouldn't laugh... :cry2:

what the hell... :backRoll:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » May 21st, 2008, 4:50 am

DemoDick wrote:
I think it speaks loads for a dog's temperment when they can do this job and still be trusting of people

Trust has nothing to do with it. These dogs like the combat, in fact they live for it.

Demo Dick

Oh, I don't disagree they like it(or they wouldn't be so good at it), but wouldn't you think that after a while a dog might start to distrust strangers or new people in general?
The police K9 I'm thinking of, I was speaking to his handler ("owner?") when he was in getting checked out. Now, I've seen some that are distant with people, but this dog was awesome; he was offering his toy to everyone who looked his way, and leaning up against me for pets. And he had JUST had an altercation with someone who beat the crap out of him.
I would just think that he would be more, I dunno, reserved? All of us at the hospital being new and the stressful situation (even if it was good stress) having just happened :|
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby katiek0417 » May 21st, 2008, 7:50 am

Many police dogs are social. I know, for instance, that Jerry won't get a dog for a dept that isn't social. They come in at 10 months of age, typically, so they have already learned to be social...

Many of these dogs live with their handlers and families...There are kids in the picture...so they have to remain social. Remember that this training isn't all that different than what we do with our dogs...but yet many of our dogs are social (Asja, Nisha, even Cy will love up to people as long as you allow him to make the first move)....it's trained as a game!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Malli » May 21st, 2008, 3:13 pm

Oh I know they can be, but I have seen some (most, actually) that in my experience with them, are not particularly. I'm a nut, so if I see a police dog thats not working where the officer/handler doesn't seem busy, I'll ask to pet the dog. All of the ones that I've encountered have been ok with petting (of course!) but seemed to be pretty impartial and reserved about it, like they could take it or leave it; I imagine with their family it is a different story. The dog I was talking about, Pago, he was a ham, dropping his toy at my feet, standing next to me and then leaning in for rubs and pets, this is not something that I would have expected right "off the bat" from most of the other police K9's that I have met. I kind of get the impression that the other dogs may have been, "analyzing" me or "sizing me up" and on guard, kind of. :| The take the affection, and thats about it.
Does that make sense?
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby katiek0417 » May 21st, 2008, 4:05 pm

Malli wrote:Oh I know they can be, but I have seen some (most, actually) that in my experience with them, are not particularly. I'm a nut, so if I see a police dog thats not working where the officer/handler doesn't seem busy, I'll ask to pet the dog. All of the ones that I've encountered have been ok with petting (of course!) but seemed to be pretty impartial and reserved about it, like they could take it or leave it; I imagine with their family it is a different story. The dog I was talking about, Pago, he was a ham, dropping his toy at my feet, standing next to me and then leaning in for rubs and pets, this is not something that I would have expected right "off the bat" from most of the other police K9's that I have met. I kind of get the impression that the other dogs may have been, "analyzing" me or "sizing me up" and on guard, kind of. :| The take the affection, and thats about it.
Does that make sense?

yeah, that makes sense...many PD's are now trying to get more social dogs, though...mainly for PR...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Return to Sports