Cy in the 2's (Protection) on Saturday

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby katiek0417 » May 20th, 2008, 4:07 pm

Okay, so in the Level 2 Protection, your dog is again naked. There are 3 set scenarios, then 1 surprise that comes at the end of the other 3.

The first scenario is a 2 man attack. In this scenario, there are 2 decoys downfield about 30 feet from the handler and dog. They start running towards you, and your dog bites 1 of the decoys (doesn't matter which one). The one he doesn't bite comes back to you, and "attacks" you. You are supposed to call the dog off the first bite to defend you. After the dog gets worked, you tell it to out and guard (watch), you walk up, then transport the decoy (and dog) to the judge, then away from the judge, where the first decoy your dog bit starts to run away. You have to send your dog on that decoy that is fleeing:

The second set scenario is the call-off...which Cy anticipated (he never made it down field).

The third scenario is called a "Fended-off Attack" where the decoy uses a distraction to try to keep your dog from getting into the grip. On Saturday is was a "curtain of bottles:"

The surprise scenario was very cool. You were a K9 officer, with your dog (in this scenario, we had to put the dog on leash/collar), in a car. You were at a routine traffic stop. The car in front of you has 2 decoys. Both decoys get out. The decoy on the driver's side fires a gun and takes off, the decoy on the passenger side just takes off (they take off in opposite directions). You had to send your dog on the decoy with the gun. The decoy was "taken out" by the dog (the decoy fell flat on the ground when you got to him, hence the leash and collar to keep the decoy safe), and you had to get your dog off the decoy. At that point, you had to send your dog on the other decoy (the one that was on the passenger side), after the decoy worked the dog, you did an out and guard, then a remote transport back to you.

Decoy with gun:

Decoy fleeing, getting bit, then being taken out by the dog (and me getting him off the decoy who is on the ground):

The bite on the other decoy, then remote transport:

Once again, waiting for our critique:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 20th, 2008, 4:12 pm

I love seeing all these pics! I wanna make it out to a competition one of these days. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » May 20th, 2008, 7:26 pm

Great work and great shots. I would love to see you guys in action one of these days. :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » May 20th, 2008, 9:22 pm

I love those shots. Cy is such a good boy. And PSA is such a daunting sport!! Why did I decide to get involved in this?!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby demolitionic » June 1st, 2008, 12:18 pm

Why's the decoy with the gun gotta be black?
:wink:
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby katiek0417 » June 1st, 2008, 1:38 pm

demolitionic wrote:Why's the decoy with the gun gotta be black?
:wink:

lol...that's Scott Battle...VERY good decoy...he was actually the senior decoy and most experienced. The scenario called for the decoy with the gun to get bit, then fall on the ground, until the handler came over to get the dog. Because of the danger involved (if the decoy goes limp when he's on the ground, and the dog decides to regrip into the face), it was decided that the more experienced decoy do it (so he could keep his arm moving while still down there)...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby cheekymunkee » June 1st, 2008, 5:16 pm

That is awesome! Great job!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Sports