Score's flyball debut...

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby TheRedQueen » June 23rd, 2008, 10:00 pm

Okay, here are the gory details (well, not gory, but gross)

Score was on the same team as Sawyer...I figured if Score was doing well, I'd pull Sawyer instead of pulling someone else's dog for my green (inexperienced) pup. :|

We did single dog racing on Friday night. We got out there, and did a recall. Score comes tearing to me! Then we do a few warm-up runs...he does fantastic...hits the box high, whips off and comes to me. Then we line up to run the actual races. (five races against one other dog in the other lane. We false start the first one, so he's ahead of the other dog (a big fluffy samoyed). I hold back so he's not false starting on the second run. The second run, he sees the dog going out, and stops and looks at me. :o "I can't go, there's a dog over there, and you're gonna yell at me!" The other dog comes back, he runs and does fine. Third race, same thing. So for the last two, I just let him false start (no times, but at least he succeeded!). His times...4.6, 4.8. We go celebrate that night...Peach Flips and Jell-O shots...

I'm still not really planning on running him a lot...just some warm-ups, maybe a few runs if Sawyer is tired. This is more just practice for him...I don't think he's truly ready yet.

Flash forward to Saturday morning. (me with a headache) Sawyer goes out with me and the others to potty that morning at the motel. He won't go. I take him back in, and tell John that he hasn't gone yet. John takes him into the building at the site, and I take him later and put him in his crate. Forgetting that he didn't potty earlier, neither one of us potties him again. A while later, we're all in the crating area trying to figure out what smells. The puppy is fine, everyone is fine...but Sawyer, who has done the poop dance in his crate. Smeared it everywhere. :puke:

We run Sawyer in the first race, and he's spitting out treats and not acting like himself. I tell my teammates that I'm gonna bring Score out for the next race in case Sawyer needs relief. Sawyer proceeds to have diarrhea in his car crate during the wait. (shoving the old throw-away blanket out of the way to poop directly on the crate pan).

Next race out, we bring Score out...and Sawyer. A teammate holds Sawyer on the sidelines, while I warm up Score. He does beautifully in the warm-ups...so I put him on the line-up. He runs with a bit of hesitation...checking out the small toy poodle in the other lane (Sarah, it was Barbara's "Preslie"). The boxloader reported that he was keeping one eye on the other dog. He runs two really well, and then the third race...he decides to cross over to say hi to that cute little poodle. :rolleyes2: We lose that one, and Sawyer comes in. (and proceeds to run okay...only okay)

The next race out, I try him again...we go in and run well for the first two, and lose the third because Score gets excited and craps in the lane. :neutral: Yes, my day was really crappy. Sawyer then has liquid poo in his crate, and lays in it. He gets hosed off twice in one day.

By the end of Saturday, he was looking good, and we were taking Sawyer out on the lanes too, just in case. We go to our motel that night, he crashes on the bed, while the humans all meet in a teammate's room for Peach Flips (yes, we came with a blender)...jell-o shots and vodka shots.

Sunday...gonna be a good day, no headache, no diarrhea from Sawyer.

Score goes in the lane first race, and just does wonderful. No pooping, no crossing...the report from the boxloader is that he's looking at the other dog, but more to gauge where they are. He's racing! :cheer: His best time for the weekend? 4.6...but he mananges a couple of 4.7s, 4.8s and the like. Nothing much over 5, once he hit his stride. I was slowly backing him up (starting at 10-15 feet)...to give him room to get up to speed. Passes were still a bit wide 4-5 feet...so he's just gonna get faster. 8)

His box turn? High, fast and tight. Beautiful...he actually kicked his boxloader in the crotch at one time...turning off that box. Kept it high all weekend...kicked some ass with that turn. :mrgreen:

So it all worked out perfectly, Score got to run and earn titles, Sawyer got to sit out and be sick (lovely)...and everyone was happy. Oh yeah, and I kept asking the photographer (Sam)...to see if he could get some pics. He was always up racing when we were up. *pout* But by the end of the weekend, he came up and told me that he did manage to get some of Score...so I had to give him a big hug...I was so happy! :clap: Once they go up on his site, I'll be sharing them!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Hundilein » June 23rd, 2008, 11:04 pm

YAY FOR SCORE!!!

BOOOOOO for sickness and pooping in crates!

Sounds like he did just awesome. Can't wait to see him with my own eyes.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby amazincc » June 24th, 2008, 4:09 pm

I can't wait for pics... and YAY for kicks to the crotch. :giggle:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » June 24th, 2008, 4:13 pm

amazincc wrote:I can't wait for pics... and YAY for kicks to the crotch. :giggle:

Kicks in the crotch...he's learned so much from hanging out at PBT... :wink:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby maberi » June 24th, 2008, 4:16 pm

Score is THE man!!

I told Erin this weekend I was standing towards the end of one of the lanes waiting for our race and saw a pit mix running and thought "wow, what a great looking dog (who is fast to boot)" as I watched him run down and beat a dog in the other lane. Once he crossed the finish line I saw Erin going nuts and finally realized it was Score.

He really did well this weekend and I couldn't believe how fast his times were. Great job with him Erin

PS - Erin update your picture of score. He looks so little in your avatar. He is a big strong boy in person
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Jenn » June 24th, 2008, 11:14 pm

Yes Erin, you should definitely update pictures. ;)

Congratulations, crappy weekend or not, sounds like it turned out well. Can't wait to see the photos.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby ellie@ny » June 25th, 2008, 8:12 am

CONGRATS!!!
:woowoo:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 25th, 2008, 9:04 am

Jenn wrote:Yes Erin, you should definitely update pictures. ;)

Congratulations, crappy weekend or not, sounds like it turned out well. Can't wait to see the photos.

It's all I have on my computer right now...the updated ones are on shutterfly...so that doesn't help. ;) My computer is not currently accepting new pics...so I'll have to go into John's computer to update my avatar... :rolleyes2:

I'm checking the photographer's site a couple times a day...waiting for pics too!

TheRedQueen

Postby maberi » June 25th, 2008, 9:07 am

Erin can you send me the site for the photographer? I bought some hard copy pics of Earl running but would like to purchase the digital copies as well
maberi

Postby TheRedQueen » June 25th, 2008, 9:24 am

Here ya go! I love Sam, he's great! I have so many pics from him...
http://www.swiftbennett.com/

TheRedQueen

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 25th, 2008, 9:28 am

umm they're not up yet, WHAT THE HELL
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby madremissy » June 25th, 2008, 9:35 am

All I see is rollergirls :|
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 27th, 2008, 9:49 am

they're still not there.... >(
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » June 30th, 2008, 12:19 pm

Pics are up...trouble with his server, it says. :cheeky:

I'm scanning them now for Score pics!

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » June 30th, 2008, 12:22 pm

Only three pics...none showing his fabulous box...but hey, he got some of his first tourney...I'm not complaining!

Let's see if this works...

http://www.swiftbennett.com/photowerx/p ... towerx.css

TheRedQueen

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 30th, 2008, 12:30 pm

uhh that last one isn't Score.

but I like his harness!
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 30th, 2008, 12:34 pm

that's by far the most annoying way to look at pictures :cuss:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby maberi » June 30th, 2008, 12:41 pm

Those pictures don't do Score justice. That dog was on fire!!
maberi

Postby TheRedQueen » June 30th, 2008, 1:11 pm

LaylaWoobie wrote:uhh that last one isn't Score.

but I like his harness!

The site is doing all sorts of effed up things now...

TheRedQueen

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 30th, 2008, 1:16 pm

I found his pictures, dont worry!
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Return to Sports