Flyball videos...

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby TheRedQueen » November 29th, 2008, 9:51 pm

Here are the YouTube videos of our last tournament, for your viewing pleasure. 8) The entire misfit team is represented!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KIMnhNormw

Outtakes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq_SL13jymY
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Jenn » November 30th, 2008, 10:32 am

Woo hoo, go gang!

I just wanted to hug that little Golden Retriever in the out takes vid, poor baby.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TheRedQueen » November 30th, 2008, 10:43 am

Jenn wrote:Woo hoo, go gang!

I just wanted to hug that little Golden Retriever in the out takes vid, poor baby.

Funny you say that, because she loves to give hugs. She's not a very good flyball dog, because she's so soft...(no drive)...but she's a great therapy dog. :D She puts her feet around your waist...and gently squeezes, it's lovely.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 30th, 2008, 10:46 am

Watching those makes me really miss doing flyball!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Hundilein » November 30th, 2008, 11:28 am

Those are great! The 40 second run in the outtakes made me laugh out loud! I wish we had enough people on my team to get videos.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby SisMorphine » November 30th, 2008, 1:49 pm

Very cool vids! Flyball just looks so quick and chaotic to me, I think I'd lose my mind.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby TheRedQueen » November 30th, 2008, 5:05 pm

SisMorphine wrote:Very cool vids! Flyball just looks so quick and chaotic to me, I think I'd lose my mind.

Yeah, but it's so patterned...it's great for us...um..."slow" folk. ;) :wave2:

TheRedQueen

Postby StalkerBlueDog » December 1st, 2008, 11:43 am

It's not as chaotic as it looks/sounds. It's very organized in terms of who can run after whom..who starts.. who finishes..who gets tired and needs to be swapped out every couple of heats.. who can run all day long.. and who can run in which lane sometimes even based on the way they turn.. there's a lot of team strategy.

It's great for people who can't run for agility but want their active dogs to play. It is loud though.. ear plugs are a must if in a small space.. :D
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby katiek0417 » December 1st, 2008, 8:27 pm

Those are awesome vids! I love the outtakes vid!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby lellis34 » December 2nd, 2008, 10:19 am

That looks like so much fun. I can't even imagine how you'd start training for that. Let me know when you guys have something in the area. I'd love to come out if I'm free.
Ming Ming: “celery is great after a good pee”
Tuck: “you can say that again”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby TheRedQueen » December 2nd, 2008, 10:23 am

lellis34 wrote:That looks like so much fun. I can't even imagine how you'd start training for that. Let me know when you guys have something in the area. I'd love to come out if I'm free.

I just posted in the other thread...but we'll be in York, PA this weekend...then Leesburg in Feb. (President's Day weekend), and Manassas in May (Memorial Day weekend). You just missed the HoCo fairgrounds one...

We'll be having one in Westminster in the fall. :mrgreen: It's in the planning stages right now.

TheRedQueen

Postby lellis34 » December 2nd, 2008, 10:30 am

TheRedQueen wrote:
lellis34 wrote:That looks like so much fun. I can't even imagine how you'd start training for that. Let me know when you guys have something in the area. I'd love to come out if I'm free.

I just posted in the other thread...but we'll be in York, PA this weekend...then Leesburg in Feb. (President's Day weekend), and Manassas in May (Memorial Day weekend). You just missed the HoCo fairgrounds one...

We'll be having one in Westminster in the fall. :mrgreen: It's in the planning stages right now.

I'm definately making it out to one of those. My shedule is pretty crazy through February,but I definately want to come out. I feel like I need to find something to do with King. I was hoping to do the therapy dog thing with him - he passed all his tests, but beause of his skin issues I can't really take him into those settings. It seems he always has something somewhere that is on the verge of oozing or bursting open. And then of course, I have to think of something for Miss Roxy.
Tuck: “you can say that again”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW-ZxcPE33w
lellis34
Bull Meister

Postby TheRedQueen » December 2nd, 2008, 10:40 am

We practice in Laurel...so if you ever want to just come watch a practice, you're more than welcome! We start with puppies, as well as adults! ;)

TheRedQueen

Postby maberi » December 2nd, 2008, 5:49 pm

Ha, awesome videos Erin, Score is looking fast!! It is funny how many dogs I recognize from those videos :wink:

Our team is starting up practices again tonight. Tonight will be Kayden's first time running against another dog. Of course it will only be against Earl but it should be interesting to see if he can beat the pants off of his "brother"
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby StalkerBlueDog » December 3rd, 2008, 1:20 am

Kayden was fantastic tonight! I love how he pins his ears while running. You'd never know he has bat ears..lol. He's wicked fast too!
Jill Rakin CPDT-KA
"DAWN" U-CH Canami's Age of Aquarius CD RE AX OAJ NF CGC/TDI (1/3 AXJ, 1/5 U-GRCH, MACH pt'd)
"KAYLEE" U-CH Canami's Protector of Serenity (AKC major Pt'd)
"LEIA" Sorella's Rebel Princess (UKC pt'd)
"LUKE"Canami Sorella's A New Hope RN
StalkerBlueDog
My dog can kick your sheep's ass

Postby TheRedQueen » December 3rd, 2008, 11:32 am

maberi wrote:Ha, awesome videos Erin, Score is looking fast!! It is funny how many dogs I recognize from those videos :wink:

Our team is starting up practices again tonight. Tonight will be Kayden's first time running against another dog. Of course it will only be against Earl but it should be interesting to see if he can beat the pants off of his "brother"

Yeah, it was fun running with Earl (and you)...everyone still talks about him! :D

Crossing fingers that all goes well with Kayden's dog-dog debut! lol

TheRedQueen

Return to Sports