We Went to the Tallahassee Show

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby furever_pit » March 19th, 2009, 6:15 pm

Last weekend, Dylan and I went to the Tally Town Show Down.
It was tons of fun, for both Dylan and I.

Dylan has never done any bitework before so I jumped at the chance to have Keith O'Sullivan work him on a tug, just so I could see what I've got here. Y'know? Anyway, the dog did well. He's drivey and loves the game. Keith also showed me how to do some drive building at home and wants me to start using the tug in our OB work as well. I'm having a lot of fun with that.

Dylan participated in his first NWDA novice weight pull. His last pull was at a weight of 1000 pounds. So I'm really proud of my boy for his work there. :D

Oh, and definitely a highlight of the weekend...I got to take a couple of sleeve bites. That was awesome!! I can not wait to do that again.

There was also a raffle at the show this weekend and I won a 2" brown leather collar as well as a Razorback hunting vest for the dog. The vest is a little big so I have to exchange it for another size, but once I get the new one I'm going to have a cut out collar sewn onto it and I plan on training Dylan on some hogs this winter. I cannot wait!!

As y'all can probably tell, I'm still amped up from this weekend and had to share my glee. LOL
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby Marinepits » March 19th, 2009, 6:29 pm

Nice! :rock:

Now, where the hell are the pictures? :| :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby furever_pit » March 19th, 2009, 7:10 pm

Marinepits wrote:Nice! :rock:

Now, where the hell are the pictures? :| :wink:

I don't have pics of Dylan and I as I went sans photographer.
But here are some I took:

Bionic's Bayou -- a nice pup.

LANDSHARK!!!

Remy. This is the dog that I took the sleeve bites from. :D

I didn't get to take very many pictures at the show. Sorry.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby Leslie H » March 19th, 2009, 8:47 pm

Keith O'Sullivan is awesome, one of my favorite trainers. The bulldog folk know how to throw a good show, don't they.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby furever_pit » March 21st, 2009, 12:41 pm

Leslie H wrote:Keith O'Sullivan is awesome, one of my favorite trainers. The bulldog folk know how to throw a good show, don't they.

OMG, yes! It was an awesome show.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Return to Sports