1,163 points to go!

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby TheRedQueen » March 25th, 2009, 10:22 am

We just got the numbers crunched from this past weekend's tourney.

Score is 1,163 points away from his next flyball title...his Flyball Master title...and with the next tourney (in two weeks)...a 2 1/2 days of racing for him...he's almost sure to get it there.

Wow...seems like he just started racing, and now he's almost at the 5,000 point mark!

(and Miss Inara is due for her Flyball Dog Grand Champion title (FDGCh) at the same tourney...30,000 points.)

:cheer:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Jenn » March 25th, 2009, 10:34 am

Woo hoo! :clap:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Hundilein » March 25th, 2009, 10:36 am

TheRedQueen wrote:We just got the numbers crunched from this past weekend's tourney.

Score is 1,163 points away from his next flyball title...his Flyball Master title...and with the next tourney (in two weeks)...a 2 1/2 days of racing for him...he's almost sure to get it there.

Wow...seems like he just started racing, and now he's almost at the 5,000 point mark!

(and Miss Inara is due for her Flyball Dog Grand Champion title (FDGCh) at the same tourney...30,000 points.)

:cheer:

Seriously! Hannah only has her FM and she's been racing for two years. Of course, we go to many fewer tournaments than you do, and Hannah's had to run with very green dogs and not get many points several times. (Should have taken that job in Baltimore :doh: )

Anyway, that's awesome for Score and Inara!
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » March 25th, 2009, 11:21 am

I know! I can't believe he's so close either...those titles just flew by lately!

He's been having ball dropping problems too...so I'm really amazed at his points. I :heartbeat: my brown puppy!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby SisMorphine » March 25th, 2009, 11:28 am

How do the dogs earn points, and how much can they earn each tourney?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » March 25th, 2009, 11:42 am

SisMorphine wrote:How do the dogs earn points, and how much can they earn each tourney?

The dogs earn points based on the overall time of the team. I don't think there is a cap on how many points in a tournament, that depends on the number of races a dog is in.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby maberi » March 25th, 2009, 11:43 am

Wow, congrats!!

I can't believe how many points you guys rack up :shock:
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Hundilein » March 25th, 2009, 11:48 am

SisMorphine wrote:How do the dogs earn points, and how much can they earn each tourney?

Dogs earn points based on how fast the team runs each heat.
Under 32 seconds, each dog that ran gets 1 point
Under 28 seconds, each dog that ran gets 5 points
under 24 seconds, each dog that ran gets 25 points

So, the number of points a dog can earn in a tourney depends on how fast the team they are on runs, and how many heats the team gets. In Erin's region (15) and my region (9) the standard has sort of become 40 heats per team per tournament, though you don't always get that many. 35-40 is a pretty good estimate for most tournaments around here. But then, you can also run a dog on two teams at the same tournament, usually not full time on both teams, though that is technically allowed. More often, two dogs will share a spot on one team and one of them will run full time on another team.

So, if a dog is on a "fast" team that runs under 24 seconds consistently, that dog could get 875-1000 points if running on one team, or 1500-2000 points if running on two teams.

My dogs typically get somewhere between 600 and 800 points at a tournament, running one full spot. I've seen teams get 1000 points only a couple of times, as it means they had 40 heats and ran every single one clean.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby fenella » March 25th, 2009, 5:06 pm

:confetti: :woowoo:
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby furever_pit » March 28th, 2009, 3:46 pm

That's awesome!!
:confetti: :confetti:
furever_pit
Supremely Bully