Rochester Flyball

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Jodi » December 8th, 2009, 2:50 pm

Anyone know any place that offers flyball classes for beginners? I've been meaning to sign up my doxie for soooo long now and keep putting it off. I have tried looking at DOTCORNY, but their beginner class is ending and there doesnt seem to be another on the horizon anytime soon...THANKS!!!
Jodi
Just Whelped

Postby maberi » December 8th, 2009, 3:55 pm

DOTCORNY and Boomtown http://www.boomtowne.com/ are the only places in Rochester that I know of who offer flyball classes

There is another team out of Buffalo that runs as well but they are fairly competitive
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby TheRedQueen » December 8th, 2009, 4:00 pm

maberi wrote:DOTCORNY and Boomtown http://www.boomtowne.com/ are the only places in Rochester that I know of who offer flyball classes

There is another team out of Buffalo that runs as well but they are fairly competitive

If you want to really run flyball, I'd go with Buffalo Wings...they train correctly and are great folks, from what I've seen. The Rochester team is nice, but doesn't train well...imo ;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby maberi » December 8th, 2009, 4:07 pm

Erin are you familiar with the team that trains out in Boomtown? I believe their name is Too Fast Fur U
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby TheRedQueen » December 8th, 2009, 4:26 pm

maberi wrote:Erin are you familiar with the team that trains out in Boomtown? I believe their name is Too Fast Fur U

Yeah, I think I do know them...they're good, from what I recall. 8)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » December 8th, 2009, 5:27 pm

Jodi wrote:Anyone know any place that offers flyball classes for beginners? I've been meaning to sign up my doxie for soooo long now and keep putting it off. I have tried looking at DOTCORNY, but their beginner class is ending and there doesnt seem to be another on the horizon anytime soon...THANKS!!!

Another one starts in two or three weeks, the schedule isn't up yet, but it will be soon.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jodi » December 9th, 2009, 12:15 am

mnp13 wrote:
Jodi wrote:Anyone know any place that offers flyball classes for beginners? I've been meaning to sign up my doxie for soooo long now and keep putting it off. I have tried looking at DOTCORNY, but their beginner class is ending and there doesnt seem to be another on the horizon anytime soon...THANKS!!!

Another one starts in two or three weeks, the schedule isn't up yet, but it will be soon.

Ooh thanks! The person I e-mailed at DOTCORNY said nothing was coming up but would get back to me...I am not interested in anything competitive-I've never done it before! Who knows though? Maybe I have a winner on my hands 8)
Jodi
Just Whelped

Postby mandle16 » February 28th, 2010, 11:59 pm

Hi Jodi,

I know I said I would write to you when another flyball class started but I lost your email amongst 1,000's. I would love it if you would come to our class that starts next Sunday March 5th at 5:00. If you have questions call me at (315)398-3113. Thanks

Mandy
mandle16
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » March 1st, 2010, 12:13 am

That would be March 7th :wink:

Have fun!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jodi » March 2nd, 2010, 9:56 am

Thanks for the info!
Jodi
Just Whelped

Return to Sports