Available to working/sport home only

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby MyDogPhantom » February 3rd, 2011, 10:11 am

My heart is broken and I'm absolutely crushed but due to my most unfortunate living situation, I need to rehome the love of my life.

He's a d**n good working dog and has incredible potential so he needs to go to a sport home. We've been training for PSA, (I'm sure he could pass his PDC and most likely the 1s, but I have yet to work up the balls to enter a trial!) but he would thrive in SchH, tracking or pulling as well.

Here's some info on him:

Trooper, CGC is a neutered male APBT (born 01/01/2007). He is super social with people, but will light up like a match when told. He hits hard on the suit. He'll take the pocket, back or arm, whatever is presented to him. His hunt, search and retrieve drives are pretty stellar and his prey drive is off the charts. He's wicked food/toy/ball motivated and loves to work.

he is very picky with other dogs and absolutely hates cats. He is of course housebroken and crate trained. He is affectionate and lovable and cuddly with his people so i'd really like to see him in a home that is going to treat him like a member of the family in addition to working him.

I have some clips of us messing around from 2 summers ago on my youtube page.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9jM3Lk6tT4 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sli8r...eature=related

more stuff here: http://www.workingdogforum.com/vBulleti ... ome-17718/

and here: http://psak9forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1434

He is certainly more mature and calm now than he was back then. He doesn't scream any more and actually barks when guarding or alerting. I have attached a couple pictures and will try to get more video of him working, as well as some examples of his hunt drive if anyone wants it.

Please note: Trooper is available to an APPROVED home ONLY and I will NOT ship him!! I'm happy to drive him to the right person. If it doesn't work out in his new home, he needs to come back to me! I have had a lot of interest in him, just haven't found the right match.

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY PLEASE!

DO *NOT* CONTACT ME ABOUT TROOPER IF YOU DO NOT PLAN ON WORKING HIM AND JUST WANT A PET DOG!!!!!!!!

Britney

Trooper, APBT (looking for a working/sport home)
Phantom, Boxer
Lita, Boxer
Capone, Dogo
MyDogPhantom
Just Whelped

Postby furever_pit » February 3rd, 2011, 10:30 pm

I saw this when you posted on WDF. He sure seems like a nice dog.
I hope you find the right home for him.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 4th, 2011, 7:30 am

Well, this is just darn adorable!

Good luck finding a home for him. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SisMorphine » February 4th, 2011, 8:55 am

Troop is a great dog, and I must say I nearly had a stroke a couple weeks ago when he was barking and not screaming. LOL! If you come to training on Sunday I'll get more video for ya ;)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby MyDogPhantom » February 4th, 2011, 4:12 pm

thanks guys! ... thanks sis!! We'll be there, tunnel and all :-) just let me know what time. Jeff Riccio might join us, but i know its a bit of a drive for him.

I appreciate the support guys. its certainly not an easy thing to do.

If anyone knows anyone that might be interested, please send them my way. my email address is bteaguec@gmail.com

I know the right home is out there for him somewhere, and when we find it, they will be VERY lucky to have him.
Britney

Phantom, Boxer
Lita, Boxer
Capone, Dogo
MyDogPhantom
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » February 4th, 2011, 5:46 pm

Suhweeet! Arin will be so psyched about the tunnel. I'll let you know times when I know!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby furever_pit » February 4th, 2011, 11:23 pm

Jeff from Tarheel K9?

I just met him the other week. Tell him I said to enjoy the frozen north.
If he still wants the contact info for the decoys that I know up there he needs to get in touch with me.

Thanks.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby MyDogPhantom » February 8th, 2011, 6:04 pm

i'll let him know
Britney

Phantom, Boxer
Lita, Boxer
Capone, Dogo
MyDogPhantom
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » February 8th, 2011, 8:50 pm

Have you contacted Cheryl Carlson? She may know of someone looking for a dog.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby MyDogPhantom » February 11th, 2011, 2:49 pm

I have not! I'm not sure who that is. Do you have some contact information? Otherwise, she can email me at bteaguec@gmail.com

thank you!!!!!!
Britney

Phantom, Boxer
Lita, Boxer
Capone, Dogo
MyDogPhantom
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » February 11th, 2011, 11:02 pm

http://members3.boardhost.com/dogsports/ She is the woman who runs the DSO every year

She and Lori own Cher Car Kennels - http://www.chercarkennels.net/

Drop her an email (you'll find her email on the kennel website), tell her you know me, and know of the DSO from the board. Tell her about the dog and ask if she knows of anyone who is looking for a good prospect.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Sports