First ADBA show

For those of us that show or want to show our dogs.

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 15th, 2007, 10:03 am

The girls went to their first show yesterday :)

There were so many apbts there. It was a lot of fun. The weather was a bit cold though some how I still got sunburn OOUCH.

Touche' was bored and not as thrilled as her sis to be there. She even yawned a few times in the ring.

The girls did great though and made me so proud. I wish they could have been out to socialize more but that is not allowed in ADBA

Bodacious is now ADBA pointed from her very first show. She took third in a large 6-9 month puppy class.

I got to meet people off the forums Mason and cutty, Koda's dad & Erin/Shadyridge. I saw Angus in the ring but didn't get to meet his mom.

I also saw Leslie H who I already have known for years and got to meet her little beauty. They were really fun to watch in the ring with her swinging on the lead

It was a nice day. I'll let them post their own bragging :)

Sorry I didn't take picts I was too busy watching & chatting

here is one of Bodacious from the other day though for those who don't know her
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby ellie@ny » April 15th, 2007, 11:20 am

Finally!!! :)
CONGRATS!!!!
Now we'll have to wait until Leslie share her results..... :x
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » April 15th, 2007, 12:18 pm

Congrats you little beauty!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Koda2007 » April 15th, 2007, 12:22 pm

they beat me up last night cause i would not tell, I had to you let brag on her. I think she is even better looking in person than she is on-line(for those who have not met her in person yet) she is a awesome dog! :wink:
the unconditional love of a dog is the reason we choose them over people
Koda2007
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 15th, 2007, 12:46 pm

On April 15 2007, Koda2007 wrote:they beat me up last night cause i would not tell, I had to you let brag on her. I think she is even better looking in person than she is on-line(for those who have not met her in person yet) she is a awesome dog! :wink:

Thanks! You are sweet. :D

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Leslie H » April 15th, 2007, 5:12 pm

Bodacious was truly full of herself, and looked great out there. Soleil, well, I think I'll be saving my money by not showing her in conformation. Despite having structure that the ADBA judges seem to like, her piteous, "Oh stop torturing me by showing me" attitude isn't going to be winning. This was the 4th time I've shown her ADBA, she got a 2nd (out of 2) the 1st time, though the judge liked her. This was the second time a judge has tried to look at her repeatedly, trying to get her to unhunch her little back, but she ain't doing it.
We did do well at the weight pull though, which was more important to me. This was her 2nd weekend on rails. Her first weekend, she showed some regressive behavior, getting frustrated and jumping, banging instead of pulling. So my goal was to get her to pull calmly, more like she does in training, and make her work, w/out pushing her/stressing her until she banged. While her form wasn't terrific, I was pleased w/how she handled herself, she worked hard on the 925# and 1125#, so I withdrew her, ending on a positive note. She took 2nd place in her class, beaten for first by 0.36 of a percent, but it was a great training experience, so I am very happy.
There were, as always, a ton of great looking dogs there. The Champions class was amazing. Angus looked excellent, it was nice to meet him in person (in dog?). I had a lot of fun, and I'm glad I didn't go today.
Leslie H
Queen of Weight Pull

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 15th, 2007, 7:21 pm

Congrats again on the weightpull win LeslieH!!!!! I really love how she looks and she is in such GREAT shape. :) Hope to see you gain soon

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Jeni » April 15th, 2007, 7:37 pm

Congrats to you and Bodacious!!
dee de dee
Jeni
Confident Young Bully

Postby Wyldmoonwoman » April 15th, 2007, 10:55 pm

congratulations, that sounds like a fun day!
"If I were not a man, I would like to be a bird. As I am a man, I do the next best thing, and ride a bicycle." -- Rev. Maltie, a cyclist in the late 1800s
Wyldmoonwoman
Full of Bully

Postby ellie@ny » April 16th, 2007, 7:31 am

Congrats Leslie!!!
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby Asta » April 17th, 2007, 7:29 am

Sounds like a great outing, congrats :) Cant wait to hear more about the girls and all the shows they will be attending!

And congrats to you too Leslie for the weightpull :) Soleil is a gorgeous dog, and doesnt need the ring to prove that ;)

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby luvmypitties » April 20th, 2007, 11:01 am

Congrats to little Bodacious! She is beautiful! Hopefully I will see you guys at a local show.
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » April 21st, 2007, 9:47 am

Congrats to my little brindle beauty. I knew she would be rockin' the ring, she's oh-so pretty.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 21st, 2007, 11:54 am

Thanks everyone and kisses from Bodacious :mrHappy:

Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Return to Conformation