Crufts

For those of us that show or want to show our dogs.

Postby Blitzkrieg Staffords » March 9th, 2006, 10:36 am

Begins this weekend. Anyone ever been? Know anyone entered? I would advise anyone that loves dogs to go some day. There is no other dog show like it. I've never been to Westminster, but I think Crufts is several times larger. Less than 24 hours until the Staffords are in the ring! :rock:

Dogs - 159

Bitches - 154

Total - 313
Blitzkrieg Staffords
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » March 9th, 2006, 10:44 am

Where is it?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Pitcrew » March 9th, 2006, 8:39 pm

Crufts is in England. I have been wanting to go for several years. Maybe next year.
I have been to Westminster. Kind-of cool. Not nearly as big as it seems on TV. Crowded. I don't like NYC. (no offense anyone... I'm a country girl)
I do recommend going someday though. It's different.
I believe Westminster's entries are 2,000 - 2,500 (unless they raised it) but it is a limited entry.
I heard Crufts numbers for dogs are something like 20,000... or more!
Unheard-of in this country! NOW THATS A DOG SHOW! The best part is it is something like a week long. And it includes obedience, agility, freestyle, field, and just about every dog sport! AWESOME!
No pits or am staffs over there though. I think their illegal. And not accepted in their kennel club anyway.
It should be on TV soon if you keep your eyes peeled on cable.
"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be;
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be;
But, Performance indicates what the animal actually is."
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Blitzkrieg Staffords » March 10th, 2006, 4:30 am

Lisa wrote:No pits or am staffs over there though. I think their illegal. And not accepted in their kennel club anyway.

This is true, and sad. It is still worth attending in my opinion though.
Blitzkrieg Staffords
Just Whelped

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 12th, 2006, 1:14 pm

Blitzkrieg Staffords wrote:
Lisa wrote:No pits or am staffs over there though. I think their illegal. And not accepted in their kennel club anyway.

I always end up watching some on TV , but honestly without my breed of choice being there I don't make the extra effort to see it.
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Blitzkrieg Staffords » March 13th, 2006, 6:52 am

Patch O' Pits wrote:
Blitzkrieg Staffords wrote:

I always end up watching some on TV , but honestly without my breed of choice being there I don't make the extra effort to see it.

I understand. I know others who are the same way. Staffords are my breed of choice though, and Crufts is one of the top places to see some of the best in the world.
Blitzkrieg Staffords
Just Whelped

Return to Conformation